Baking Day (Part III)

WHERE IN THE BIBLE DID JESUS SAY THAT THIS WAS EVEN REMOTELY OKAY LUKE ^

anyone else four a'f

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton clutched the blanket so tightly his knuckles were white, hiding his face, only his eyes peeking out.

Luke chuckled fondly and sat down next to the quivering boy. He pulled Ashton into his lap and said, "The movie hasn't even started yet."

"I know, I'm just anticipating," Ashton said, burying his face deep in Luke's chest. Luke continued to laugh gently at the boy in his arms. Ashton pouted, "Stop laughing, you meanie."

Luke just shook his head and kissed Ashton's forehead. The main screen for The Conjuring plays and Ashton squealed in fear.

"Awe, Ash, we don't have to watch if you don't want to," Luke said, carding his fingers through Ashton's hair.

"N-no, it's okay. I want to," Ashton reassured, and Luke smiled warmly at him, kissing his temple.

"Alright, but if you get too scared, just say the word, baby." Ashton nodded at Luke's words and snuggled impossibly closer to him.

Luke hit play, and Ashton watched over the blanket, screeching, "It's based off a true story?!"

"Yeah, lots of scary movies are. Don't worry, I would never let a demon touch my baby boy," Luke teased, nosing Ashton's hair.

"That was... oddly sweet," Ashton commented, giggling when Luke pressed a kiss in the hollow behind his ear.

"It's starting," Luke said, and Ashton clutched the front of Luke's shirt with one hand, the other hand holding the blanket over his face.

The movie started out mild, nothing scary, and Ashton was okay, until the paranormal things started happening.

He was really sad when the dog died, so much that Luke had to pause the movie to calm him down. Ashton was embarrassed, but Luke assured him he thought it was absolutely the cutest thing.

"That hide and clap game is a terrible idea, one of them is gonna fall down the stairs, or be captured by demons or something," Ashton mumbled when the mom and the daughter played the game.

When the hands came out of the closet Ashton nearly peed himself, and Luke had to pause it again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Luke asked carefully, rubbing Ashton's stomach soothingly.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. It's just scary. Look at those hands! That's so gross!" Ashton whined, and Luke chuckled.

"Well, it's gonna get a lot worse than that, you sure you're up for it?"

Ashton nodded determinedly, "I can do it. I'm a big boy."

"That you are," Luke said, pressing play. He continued to reassure Ashton that he was there by rubbing his stomach gently. Ashton was nearly purring.

The scene in the bedroom where the twins were sleeping, and one twins foot got tugged on, is when Ashton really started to shake.

He whimpered as she slowly looked under the bed, and screamed when the door slammed. After that he hid his face in Luke's chest for the rest of the movie, not daring to look up.

"Holy shit," Luke mumbled at one point, and Ashton still managed to retaliate with a weak, "Don't swear."

Luke laughed quietly and began to play with the boy's curls absentmindedly. This time Ashton was purring.

***

As the end credits rolled off the screen, Luke glanced down at the sleeping boy in his arms, and smiled fondly at him. He pressed a light kiss to his forehead and stood up, holding the boy like a koala.

Ashton's legs were wrapped around his waist and his arms were tightly wound around his neck, his head resting on Luke's shoulder. The blanket fell off as he started walking, but that was okay, Luke would pick it up tomorrow.

He laid Ashton down, gently taking off the jeans he was wearing, trying not to wake the boy. He frowned at the scars on Ashton's thighs, although they were fading.

He still doesn't understand why Ashton would ever do that to himself, but he's proud of his boy for stopping. He pressed a kiss to both thighs, right over the scars, and then caressed the hip bone that was sticking out from the bottom of his shirt.

"I love you," he heard a small voice say, and he looked up to see Ashton's eyes half lidded, a small smile on his face.

"I love you, too," Luke said, leaning over him to press a kiss to Ashton's lips.

Luke slipped some sweatpants on in place of Ashton's jeans, and did the same to himself. He sleeps shirtless, unlike Ashton, so he also stripped himself of his shirt. Ashton hummed in approval.

Ashton made grabby hands at Luke and Luke smiled, climbing under the covers, turning off the lamp.

He pulled Ashton flush to his body, tucking Ashton's head underneath his chin.

"I did it," Ashton said quietly.

"Did what?"

"Watched a scary movie."

"Well, sort of."

"Hey give me some credit!" Ashton whined in reply to Luke's teasing.

"I didn't say I wasn't, did I?" Luke smiled softly.

"You suck," Ashton pouted.

"No typically you do." Luke smirked to himself.

Ashton flushed a deep crimson and slapped Luke's chest, removing his head from it's hiding place.

"You pervert." Ashton narrowed his eyes at him.

"I love you," Luke said, grinning and sending Ashton a wink.

"I love you too, perv."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope all you Americans had a great thanksgiving and ate your weight in turkey

-Destiny Rae