15 - "Help Us Help Her."

Helena had expected interrogation to start in the car ride to their destination

Helena had expected interrogation to start in the car ride to their destination. It never happened. The man, Clint was the name he gave her, had only sent a message on his phone. It was most likely an on-the-way text to the other Avengers.

The female driving Helena identified as the redhead, Natasha Romanoff. The two barely spoke a word.

When the car pulled up to the new facility, Helena's heart started to run in a panic. She didn't think they'd bring her here for torture. They only just wanted to talk...

At least, she hoped so. She wasn't prepared to get her emotions heightened to unleash her power against the Avengers.

The car rolled to a stop. Natasha Romanoff climbed out first, opening the door on Helena's side. Helena cautiously got out. She had to admit, the facility looked pristine.

"Follow us," said Natasha.

Helena obeyed, in fear of what would happen if she didn't.

Natasha and Clint escorted her inside of the facility. It felt big, and empty. The two offered her no time to explore and get a sneak peek inside of any rooms.

When Wanda finds out, they better be ready. She might just lose it and try and kill them. I don't want that for her. Murder will not solve anything; it will only damage her life more.

"I'm guessing you don't offer many tours here, huh?" Helena asked.

Neither of the two answered.

"Tough crowd."

The three gathered in an elevator, and aside from the music, it was a quiet ride upwards to a higher floor.

The three exited onto their designated floor. Natasha took lead, with Clint taking up the rear. If they think I'm going to run, I'm not chancing it. I doubt I'd get far.

Natasha granted access to one of the rooms, which turned out to be a conference room. And, wouldn't Helena know it, all of the Avengers—the main group, that she could tell—was gathered in a seat each. Stage fright gripped the girl.

"That went faster than I expected," said a snarky voice, which Helena identified as Tony Stark. He was currently on a tablet of some sort, at the one head of the table farthest from Helena. When his brown eyes actually looked up, he frowned at her.

Helena had a feeling as to why.

"Please, have a seat," said Bruce Banner. He wore a somber expression on a rather kind face.

Timidly, Helena worked her way around the table to sit. She took a seat near Thor, who looked godlike in looks alone. She hissed as her leg hit the hammer that sat obediently near Thor's chair.