Chapter 1

One. Two. Three. I could have swore that there were more of us. I give a small sharp puppy bark to my brothers ad sisters. They ignored me. Of course they would. Im the runt of the family. The weakling. I get to my shaky legs as my brother is sweeped off his paws and taken out of the room. He doesn't come back. Then my two sisters go and disappear. They don't return. I whimper at the lonelyness. I turn to my mother. A pedigree Border Collie. Just like me. I wobble over to her and she picks me up in her mouth. She walks over to the soft cushioned bed and lay herself down. Tucking me by her side. I snuggle down and close my eyes. Letting sleep slip over me.

***************

My eyes open and I'm met with darkness. Its cold and dark. I whimper in to the darkness and call out fir my mother. "Where am I?" I ask myself. I stand up and my tummy rumbles. Im starving and alone. I cry out again with no luck. Suddenly I feel a drop of wetness on my head. I look up and feel it again on my nose. I wrinkle it and sneeze. There's water dripping through water ever is blocking me from the outside world. I cry out over and over again. My frail barks getting weaker. I whimper and curl up on the hard floor and try to ignore the cold. I shiver and cry out in a failed attempt. Suddenly I hear voices. "We got a report of an abandoned puppy!" I bark in hope. In hope to be heard. All of a sudden light bursts in through the the darkness and even more cold stabs at my body. I bark weakly and look up at a young woman in uniform. 'RSPCA' is what her badge said. "I found it!" The woman called. She bends down and scoops my tiny body up. "A runt of a litter! Obviously abandoned due to not being wanted!" She said looking me over. She carrys me to a large cage in the back of a small van which also said RSPCA. I'm placed ontop if blankets and towles. I don't know where I'm going. But every now and then I topple over due to whatever I'm in being thrown to the side. I cry out in fear. Im terrified. I hear a soothing voice. I look rounf to see a large dog. A Rottweiler. "Its okay little one!" She said kindly from the cage next to mine. I whimper but don't reply. "My names Carla! Whats yours?" She asked me. "I-i don't have a name.." I say truthfully. She looks me up and down. "Why are you here? Your a beautiful young pup!" I walk closer to her shakily. Trying not to topple over. "I-i don't know. O-one minute I-i'm with my mother and t-the next I'm in a van." I tell her. She smiles and the van stops. In a panic I bark my small hoarse bark. I was losing my voice. "Don't strain yourself young one! Just stay calm!" Carla instructed me. I give a shaky nod as the doors if the van open.