Chapter 11

Trott P.O.V

Me and Duncan were sat on a park bench and spoke a out Rupert when we heard vicious barks and growls.

Looking around I didn't see Shadow or Rupert anywhere. "Duncan. Where's Rupert?" I ask. He looks around. Suddenly there was a loud yelp.

I wasted no time in running towards the sounds. Duncan following close behind.

We sped towards the yelps and froze as we saw a pack of stray feral dogs circling both Rupert and Shadow. Along with another dog.

All three dogs were trying to defend themselves and were growling in warning towards the approaching pack.

Suddenly one for the dogs, a Pitbull, lashed out at the unfamiliar dog.

Rupert lunged at him and closed his jaw around the Pitbulls neck. Causing the other dogs to attack.

Rupert didn't waste time in fighting back. Neither did the unfamiliar dog. But Shadow cowered away as a dog growled and approached her.

"Shadow!" I shout. Making all the dogs look at me. Shadow barked. As if telling us to run.

"Bad move." Duncan muttered as we backed away. A few of the feral dogs following us slowly. Bearing their teeth and snarling.

"Should we run?" I ask. Practically shaking. Duncan shakes his head slowly. "Their to fast. They'd catch us and chew us like a chew toy in seconds." He tells me.

I gulp and close my eyes and their growls got louder and they got closer.

Suddenly I heard loud shouts behind us.

Shadow P.O.V

I'll admit.

I was petrified.

I've only ever encountered other dogs when I was walking in the park with Ross. Then the only dog I was close to was Rupert. And he'd never attack me.

"Awwww. Is the little puppy scared?" One of the strays teased. "Leave her alone!" The tri merle collie barked.

"Shut it! Pit, sink your teeth into tonight's meal!" He ordered a Pitbull. The small dog lunged at her as another one began to approach me.

Out of the corner of my eye i saw Rupert attack the Pitbull. But the black labrador that was approaching me snarled.

"Shadow!" I hear Trott call. I look round at him as all the dogs attention is drawn to him.

"Trott! Duncan! Run!" I bark at them. But it was to late. Dogs snarled and growled at them. Making them back away.

I looked back at the labrador. Not wanting him to attack me when my back was turned.

"Your the weakest dog I've ever seen. A runt! That's what you are!" He laughs. I growl. " So what if I'm a runt! I'm the strongest runt you'll ever meet!" I bark as I leap at him.

He yelps as I land on his back. But our fight was cut short when loud shouts and yells came from behind us.

I stopped biting his leg to see Ross, Smith, Simon and all the others running towards us. Yelling at the strays.

"Run! Retreat!" The rottweiler ordered the dogs. The strays ran immediately as Ross ran faster. I bark and turn tail. Running to Ross.

He fell onto his knees as I sprang at him. He caught me and hugged me. "Don't you ever do that again." He whispers.

I look over at the tri merle collie. Hannah was bending over and stroking her. Talking quietly to Lewis.

She smiled up at him and he nodded. The colourful collie barked happily as i looked into the bushes. Where i caught glimpse of the rottweiler.

I sigh.

I'm just glad it's all over.

"Everyone!" Lewis called. With the collie next to him. "Meet Bonnie. The newest member of the team!"