Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"What are you doing?" he demanded.

I froze. I hadn't expected him to wake up at that moment, and I realised that I should have. The effects of chloroform only lasted a couple of hours, and it had taken more than that to fly to another continent. In fact, it was actually quite a feat that Nathan had managed to stay asleep for so long.

I did the only thing I could – smiled as seductively as possible. "Good morning, handsome."

A thrill of adrenaline went through me as Nate threw me off of him, causing me to bounce across the sheets. My blood pumped harder, faster, and my toes curled in delight. Nathan was awake. Nathan was alert. And Nathan had absolutely nowhere to run.

He seemed disoriented, first trying to recover his clothes then trying to decipher where he was. "What – where are we? How did I even get here?" When I didn't answer, he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me until my teeth rattled. Did he realise just how much all of this was turning me on? He must have.

"Where's Jess?" he was almost screaming, his panic and fear taking over. "Renee, stop fucking with me. Get me out of here."

I threw my head back and laughed, watching as his delicious jaw tightened. His blue eyes were wide and livid, watching me as if I were crazy. Crazy for him, maybe. "Get you where? Back to America?"

He froze. "What did you say?"

I smiled coyly, enjoying this little exchange more than I thought I would. Look at him, prowling around like a tiger. My tiger. I leaned in and whispered right onto his lips, breathing in the air he was breathing out. "Welcome to Brazil."

He recoiled as if I had burned him. Standing over me the way he was, breathing hard and fast, his face the mask of complete fury, I knew that I had made the right choice. Nate had a fierce side to him that hadn't been introduced to me until now. And it excited me like no other.

I tried to reach for him once more, to feel his skin beneath mine, but his long legs marched over to the windows before I could. He ripped the curtains open, blinding me with sunlight as it spilled into the room. The view outside was beautiful – Brazilian beaches were rich with colour and heat, and someday I hoped to go skinny-dipping. With Nathan, or with Eli.

Preferably both.

"SHIT!" Nathan's voice was so loud that the curse echoed all around me, making my ears ring. Lounging on the bed, I traced the muscles on his back with my eyes, wanting to feel and taste every inch. His anger made me want to do it more. "SHIT! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I answered him truthfully. "I did what I had to do."

His fist smashed into the plastered wall before I could blink, startling me and making my heart race even further. His fist broke right through, before pulling back and punching it again. Again and again and again, until his knuckles bled. I watched him greedily now – watched the tension in his bicep, the way he was sweating, the way he was breathing fast.

Lust exploded in the pit of my stomach. I wanted him. I never wanted anything as much as I wanted him in that very moment. Did he show the same strength and animalism in bed? Would he end ripping the covers to pieces?

And if so, I wanted to see for myself.

He beeline straight for the door, rattling the doorknob until it loosened. His bloody knuckles smeared blood all over the door and walls. When opening it didn't help, he tried to kick the door apart.

"That's not going to work," I sang, stretching like a cat and arching my back. Such strength, such power...

He turned to me then, and I could read murder on his face. Slowly he advanced forward, walking with his usual grace, his expression darker and more ferocious than I had ever seen it. Nathan had an animal inside him, too. A howling beast that was seconds away from bursting out.