Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I only remember one other time that I had gotten in this deep. So deep that there was no way in hell I could have talked my way out of it.

Sleeping with – no, fucking Byron the way I had was exhilarating. More so because we had been caught by his girlfriend, and because the fact that I had broken her to pieces made my toes curl in delight.

Because that's the way it should be. Everything is mine.  And if Chloe was too stupid to realise that, then she deserved to be hurt.

We did it again afterwards. In my opinion, it hadn't been as good – probably because the second time didn't come with the thrill of the first. I was spread out in a sweaty heap on top of Byron, who had gone quiet all of a sudden. I didn't like that.

Slowly, I craned my head so that my lips brushed against the shell of his ear. "What's the matter?" I stretched languorously, rubbing my naked body against his. I might have contemplated going a third time, if it hadn't been for his peculiar mood.

He only stared at me blankly, talking through his pupils. I paused, even as I felt his body reacting to mine, and sighed impatiently. "Don't tell me you regreted it."

"I don't know how I feel." He spoke in an empty whisper.

"Wasn't I a good fuck?" I purred, my lips pulling up in a grin. He flinched.

"I think I may have heard her," he bit his lip. "While you were... on top of me. I think I heard her voice."

"Did you now?" I laughed. "So I wasn't a good fuck for you? You wanted your flat-chested little girlfriend instead?"

"Don't call her that," he snapped. Why was he defending her? Why now? Anger run hot and cold, all throughout my body. I knew.

He loved her.

He fucking loved her.

My mood took a hit, and before I could control myself, I had my forearm against his throat, pressing down painfully, my face pulled in a snarl.  His eyes widened with fear. All that had ever been inside me, the darkness and cruelty that had wrapped itself all around my heart, was coming to the surface. "You didn't even want her! You wanted me! Don't even fucking dare tell me that you loved her! While you were 'refilling drinks' at the movies, you had me pressed up against the wall in the staff bathroom.  Do you remember that? While she was finishing the assignment you never started, you had two fingers inside my skirt under the table-"

"STOP! What are you doing?!" he gasped for air, looking up at me like the haze, the haze that had clouded his thoughts for so long, was fading fast. I could see it, the way he was sweating in fear, trying in vain to pull the pressure off of his oesophagus, that I was no longer the sexy, maddening forbidden fruit.

I was the enemy. Someone to get away from.

There's one reason that I never let myself panic, in any situation. My instincts have a habit of taking over, and it is not something that I can control. It is not something that I can plan.

I reached over to the lamp on the bedside table, ripping it out from its hinges. "Rhea! What the fu-?" He made one final cry of furious terror, one last widening of his eyes, before I took the lamp in both hands and smashed it into his head. My vision was tinged with red, but it didn't matter – nothing mattered expect for the fact that this boy, this stupid fucking boy who wanted nothing but sex, was going to die.

He had to die.

And he did. Of course he did.

I didn't know what to do after that, so I did what I could. I washed the blood off of my naked body. I carefully put my clothes back on, and then cleaned the blood off of his body. I was reminded of that split second of hopelessness I'd felt when the rabbit was dead, and Daddy was making his way up the stairs, and I hadn't known what to do. The feeling gripped at my chest, and I buried my head in my hands.