Chapter 13

A.N: Yaju above ^ (I know that his eyes aren't as green as I described, but finding a good picture with what I've envision is hard, dammit!)

Yaju was conflicted. The male who he had accepted had seen the leopard in his 'second form', and now he was going to be killed. He was positive about it. One thing that he was taught by both his mother and wolf was that if you were seen in your 'second form,' you were destined to die.

At this point, Yaju didn't want to die.

He had a home. A place he could sleep and eat without worrying about predators. And he ruined it.

Kento stared at Yaju in a shock that seemed to threaten him. It was like he wasn't the same anymore. It was like he was a monster.

Yaju hadn't expected being seen would affect him this much. He believed that the worst that could happen would be the fact that Yaju would have to kill Kento. Yaju didn't want to do that.

He wasn't attached to the male. It hadn't even been a week since the two first met, but Yaju was now unsure if killing his caretaker should be an objective.

The leopard was torn from his thoughts when the intruding girl spoke once again.

"Who the fuck is he? Kento talk to be, babe. I need to know whether I should leave or stab him." Alexis emphasized her point by lifting the knife beside her.

"Don't do anything. It'd... it would be best if you left. Just for now."
The small male who was shriveling into the wall spoke in a dazed voice.

Alexis stared at him in a confused manner, as if questioning his wish, but packed up her purse and turned off the stove.

"I was making you breakfast, the pancakes are done, but bacon is still in the pan."

Kento nodded, still staring at the bare man in front of him.

As Alexis walked toward the door, she eyed the Yaju, who stood at the base of the stairs. She brought her fingers to her eyes and then pointed at him. 'I'm watching you.' She mouthed, before waving to Kento, who shakily waved back, and left the house.

As soon as she exited, Kento collapsed into a heap of dead mass. He stared at the floor in disbelief.

"Y-you're a neko?"

"Neko?"

"Ah, it means 'cat' in Japanese. It now stands for a person with cat ears or a cat tail, but I like to use it for someone with any relation to cats. I also use it for the phra-No! Don't you dare distract me! You're a neko! A fantasy creature! A-and you didn't tell me!? Do you know how cool this is! We can talk to each other and I can take you places and then we can go and enjoy candy together. I can show you the ocean and what it's like to be at the mall. I can show you my work and have you read the series I'm working on! You can even watch documentaries with me in the form and try out the food that you keep staring at in the kitchen! This is so awesome!"

Yaju struggled to keep up with Kento's thought process. The leopard shifter was still in shock that the male was happy to live with a monster. Before Yaju could properly respond, Kento rushed into his arms, embracing the male tightly.

Until he remembered that a certain someone was naked.

"Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew, go get dressed. Go. Clothes are in the closet and underwear in the left bottom drawer."

With a sharp point of his finger, Kento practically shoved the confused Yaju up the stairs and into his room.

With Kento alone with his thoughts, it occurred to him that there were plenty of scratches and cuts all over Yaju's body. 'Was he hurt all this time?' It was also unsettling at how slim the well-built man was. It was as if he hadn't eaten in weeks, which Kento could confirm that was a blatant lie. The leopard had eaten more in a week than the human could in a month.

Kento was dragged out of his thoughts by a loud 'thump' from upstairs.

"Fuck!"

A cry from overhead echoed through the house.

With a giggle and a sigh of relief, Kento made his way into his room, only to see the still naked Yaju struggling with the clothes. One of Kento's big, baggy pajama shirts was strangling the poor leopard shifter as he wiggled all over the carpeted floor, one arm in a sleeve while the other was pinned to his side.

A pair of sweatpants were hanging around Yaju's ankles, most likely the reason he fell. The only piece of clothing he had managed to put on were the boxers, much to Kento's relief, though they were a little too small for the shifter.

Yaju looked up at Kento with pleading eyes.

"Stuck. Help."

"Okay, okay. I'll help if you stop moving."

Without a second thought, Kento knelt down at pinned the taller male down. It was strictly to stop him from moving, but his hands grazed the stitched wound and caused Yaju to freak out even more.

"Fuck, that must hurt. Stay still, it will hurt less if I could get you to stand up."

Yaju listened, and allowed so Kento to lift him up, though it was quite the struggle to do so. The male wasted no time assisting Yaju out of the shirt, properly pulling it over his head and into his body. The pants were another story.

The two had found out that Yaju struggled on one foot, and Kento was too socially awkward to assist when on his knees. He had to verbally instruct Yaju on how to pull them on, and despite them being backwards, there was no visual difference and Kento refused to do it again.

The two could both tell that this experience was going to be a hassle.