Chapter 7

Kento slowly walked over to the leopard, who had been waiting for the male to carry out his promise. As soon as Kento made it to the cage, a shiver of excitement ran down his spine. Now this, to the leopard, smelt like burning dust (an amazing scent, if the author may have a say in this.) with a purr of satisfaction, he awaited the shaky boy to open his cramped cage and allow the wild cat to explore.

Of course, things aren't that simple.

Kento had a slight fear of death, so the thought of letting a leopard, the same who had growled at him just hours before, out of its cage was a little frightening, but instead of talking himself out of it, he decided to "rip the bandaid off." One fast swipe and the lock was lifted, the door slowly creaking open.

The leopard wasted no time leaping out of that prison. Kento jumped back to avoid getting barreled into. The wild cat acted like a newborn kitten, running around the house, smelling the couch and wandering the kitchen. All the while, Kento stood at the edge of the room, attempting to stay out of his way.

It wasn't until the leopard turned to look at the male in the corner when his heart stopped. The leopard looked hungry. It was slowly prowling towards him, as if hunting. Kento, who was now feeling more and more on edge had only one thing on his mind.

Fuck, Alexis was right.

Then, the leopard spun around, back to Kento, and ran into the kitchen, before turning around once more to look back at the relieved boy.

"Holy fuck, that was an asshole move."

With a scoff, the leopard sat down, watching Kento as he walked to the fridge.

"How does ham sound?"

A glimpse of amusement before a gentle grunt was the only response given. Kento was beyond happy. He was ecstatic that he had a bond, even if small, with his new pet. He grabbed a large metal bowl from under the counter and unloaded all of the remaining ham in the bag, hoping it would be enough.

As the gorgeous leopard practically drowned in ham, the male sat on his counter, staring.

"What should your name be?"

The leopard froze. With a small glance up at Kento, he acknowledged the question, before returning to his food.

"Leonardo? Get it? Leo-pard; Leo-nardo! No...doesn't match you. What about Leo? No, too friendly. You need something fierce. Something smart and strong."

Kento stared at the floor in concentration. The leopard sat down in front of the now empty bowl, watching as the small male struggled. It was quite amusing.

"Okay. You're black, small, male, wild, a big cat, and smart. Um, maybe... something in Japanese? My name is in Japanese, so it fits. How about," Kento stuck out his lower lip and scrunched his nose. After a few minutes of deep concentration, a name came into his head and out of his mouth.

"Yaju! It means 'wild beast' in Japanese. Do you like it?"

A small purr came as a response.

"Great! Now that that's settled, would you like to see the backyard?"

Without waiting for a response, the small male jumped off of the counter and landed clumsily on his feet, not missing a beat before running to the hall beside the staircase. The hall had a single closet and a door at the end. This door was obviously what led to the backyard. Kento opened the door, turning to Yaju, who was still sitting in the kitchen.

Kento released a sharp whistle as a call, and Yaju slowly came down the hall, his tail flicking back and forth as his eyes stared at the male in the doorway.

As Yaju made it outside, he saw that it was indeed night, the stars watching the pair from above. The backyard had a beautiful, small stone path which led to a small, filtered pond with three koi swimming in circles. Small fairy lights decorated the porch and provided enough light for both Yaju and Kento to see the beautiful garden in the corner, and the lush, well-kept grass which covered the perimeter.

Kento was grinning like a kid who just showed his parents their clean room.

"Do you like it?"

Yaju stared at the elegant looking head in silence for a few seconds, before running to the koi pond. Kento saw what was coming, and tried to yell at the leopard, but it was too late, a koi was already in his like a stray ramen noodle, slurping it down.

"Hensa! No!"

Yaju looked back at the near crying male and attempted to redeem himself. This sympathy is mainly so the starved leopard can continue to get free ham. Besides, Yaju was never one for fish.

Spitting the koi back into the pond, the traumatized Hensa stayed frozen in place as the other two came to check on him. He was alive, thankfully.

Kento watched in pure amazement. Was this normal? Yaju pranced back to the frozen lad and pushed past him, satisfied with the good deed he had done. The door shut as Kento regained himself and followed the leopard.

"Okay, now that...that's done, we should go upstairs. I'm tired."

With a yawn as evidence, Kento head up the stairs in the hopes to make it to his bedroom, but Yaju had other plans, as he grabbed the back of Kento's shirt in order to stop him, but with his underestimated strength, he pulled the poor unsuspecting man down. With Kento on his back, he had the perfect view of Yaju.

The leopard was just like a big, black cat. His nose was twitching and his slitted, green eyes watched Kento with curious intent. He knelt his head down, wet nose nudging Kento's exposed neck. Giggling, the male pushed the leopard away gently and stood up, looking down at Yaju.

"C'mon, you can go upstairs, it's just a few rooms. Now let me go, I need to sleep, and I think you do too."

And with that, the two headed upstairs, one curious and the other exhausted