Chapter 9

When the sun came up, the drapes on Kento's window protected him, but nothing could protect the peaceful male from the bored leopard who had woken up an hour before.

With a soft paw, Yaju batted at Kento's face like a kitten with yarn. It would've been adorable to watch if Kento wasn't on the receiving end. He was startled by Yaju's looming face, forgetting that the leopard was now his pet, he yelped and fell off of the edge of the bed.

Of course, the once bored cat took pleasure in seeing this. A snort of amusement was released and he gracefully jumped off of the bed.

Kento was still in shock, but slowly the events of the night before were coming into mind, and the more he thought, the more excited he got. It wasn't a dream. He actually had a leopard who didn't kill him!

Yaju walked over to the small fellow and gestured to the door. Kento, who was still processing that he wasn't dreaming, didn't realize what was expected of him until the leopard walked behind him and nudged Kento's back with his head.

With the extra shove, Kento jumped to his feet and was steered by the head digging into his hip. Once to the kitchen, the male got the message. He grabbed the raw steak that was meant to be for dinner and dumped the entire thing into the leopard's silver bowl from last night.

It was gone within five minutes.

"Fuck, how am I supposed to feed you? I'd have to buy twenty steaks just to provide one meal! Doing that daily, times three for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and you'll eat me out of house and home!"

Yaju, on the other hand, was thrilled. After living off of rodents for the past three weeks, a single steak was like a day's worth of food. As his stomach became accustomed to actual food again, Kento's concern would be a reality, but that would take a week at least.

So far, Kento has kept up his promise. Yaju has food, water, warmth, and a companion, even if it was forced. The only thing that concerned the leopard was the lack of care to his wounds. Normally, he would let them heal on their own, but in this new environment, it was difficult to focus on the pain, creating a lack of urgency. When Yaju did feel the ache in his side, it wasn't shown. Kento had yet to see the wounds due to the black fur covering them, but it could take weeks before Yaju's leg was better. Walking hurt and the leaps he had been doing were starting to take their toll.

A.N: I apologize about the inconsistent length in chapters. Some are just fillers while others are me feeling lazy. I promise I'll make it up somehow by the number of chapters I post.

(I just wrote and published Prologue-Chapter 9 in one day, take it easy on me, I've been writing for a while and my birthday's in a day.)