Chapter 8

Kento's room was not what someone would imagine it to look like. For a 22 year old who looks 16, his sense of style was more like a vampire. The room walls were painted black with bands and manga posters hung up all around. The decor was all either red or black. Of course, the occasional touch of color came from the stuffed animals in the corner of the room, beside the cluttered desk.

Kento collapsed onto his soft bed, not bothering to change into pajamas, and cuddled with his fluff blanket, which was a beautiful rose red.

Yaju, on the other hand, stood in the doorway. He was eyeing the stuffies, questioning if they were real. Once noticing the lack of scent, he relaxed and slowly entered. He wasn't stupid, it was obvious that out of the territory, this was Kento's den and all animals know to stay out if the den.

When Kento didn't react to the intrusion, Yaju bounded into the unexplored space. It all smelt of fresh rain and burning dust. A glorious combination. The smell of Kento. The venturing leopard watched as the male on the bed rolled over, eyes closed as he tried to fall asleep.

Kento was stupid.

After only knowing the leopard for 3 hours, he had already fallen asleep while the wild cat roamed, despite the countless threats. Of course, though Yaju was hungry, he wasn't nearly as dumb. He knew that eating the small male would only feed him for a week, and after that, he'll be fending for his own in an unknown place with humans all around.

Plus that piss woman would probably come back.

Yaju decided to explore the upstairs before claiming a spot to rest. There were a total of four rooms on the second floor, the first being Kento's. Another one seemed to be an extra den, as it hosted a bed and all, though no personal items like Kento's. The other was a bathroom, with red towels and black curtains. The fourth one wasn't open, and therefore not accessible to the large cat.

With his journey came to an end, Yaju turned around and head back into Kento's room, who had somehow found himself tangled in his once folded blanket. The leopard, who was growing more tired as the minutes passed, clambered up onto the comfy bed and layed down on top of the pillow, claiming most of the bed.

His wounds were irritated from the sudden pressure, as he hadn't laid down on his side all day, but when he refused to move, they adapted. Kento senses the added weight on his bed and rolled around, face brushing against the soft paw of a startled Yaju.

It was all fun and games until his claws came out, but with his added exhaustion, he withheld the urge. Setting his drooping head down on top of Kento's, he allowed himself to rest his eyes for only a moment, but as the hours passed, it was clear that they had both fallen asleep.