Chapter 3

A.N: Kento above (don't know who he is adorable and I want him)

A young man by the name of Kento Halvera has always been privileged. Growing up in a middle class family and having a successful job as a manga artist, Kento is used to having food on his plate and clothes on his back. Now when his coworker suggested he take a break from work and go to an animal auction with her, as Kento did live alone and was always complaining about not having a pet of his own, he hesitantly agreed.

Now, as he stood in the dark room with hundreds of other people, the anxious male started to regret coming. All of the animals seemed too average and all savage. Until they called up one of the last to the stage. There sat a beautiful black leopard with a gleaming coat and glowing emerald eyes.

Kento, to say the least, was entranced by the sorrowful, scared look hiding behind the glassy orbs. Without a second thought, the bids began. Just as someone called out the highest bid, Halvera beat them to it, declaring that the beautiful beast was worth $20,000,000. This was barely a dent in Kento's savings, as he had been working for years and received heavy paychecks, but at that moment, everyone grew silent. The fat, sweaty man on stage stood silent as assistants rolled the cage off the stand.

Kento's coworker stared at him in disbelief, but all that mattered to the 22 year old was the thought of having such an alluring wild cat in his home. One in which he shall cherish. It wasn't as if he didn't notice the small cuts on the beast's body, nor the concerning lack of weight.

No doubt, the leopard had seen some things.

Despite the lack of nutrition and wounds, Kento was determined to have this beast as a pet. He has heard of people taming lions and tigers, leading to a special bond. Surely, compared to those wild beasts, a wounded, small leopard would be easy to befriend.

To say he was excited would be an understatement. This thrilling experience was all he could ever hope for. Though, with a leopard in his possession, there was no doubt that Kento would have to spend more and more time at home. This, however, was hardly a problem as the man was a hermit and didn't even want to go outside to the "real world."

As for where the leopard may stay, Kento had already decided that a cage would be fine until he has officially earned the cat's trust and knew for sure that he wouldn't be devoured in his sleep. The thought of having a large cat walk around the house and cuddling with him on cold nights was heart-warming.

This would be pleasant.