I'm Home

It was freezing, yet I kept the window open. I was sipping my coffee and staring at the playground, it was where I made my first best friend, where i beat the boys in football and where I learnt my younger brother was afraid of swings. Now all of this would be gone by tomorrow morning

I continued staring outside this time trying to ignore the sound of my brother's noisy video games.

I couldn't take it anymore so I turned to him and said,"We're leaving tomorrow and all you can think of is playing video games?"

"Umm...tomorrow is far from today." He said while his eyes were still focused on the game.

I sighed. Maybe I was getting too emotional about leaving, after all we're moving to the city and not in a studio apartment but in a mansion. There was a part of me which wanted to open my phone and check my Instagram but I ignored that wish. Instead I went for a walk

It was blowing and the sky was dark grey like it was going to cry. The trees bent a little as if it was waving me an early good-bye.

I stopped near Ariana's house who was my best friend. Ringing the door bell I could hear my voice echo. After a few attempts I realize no one was at home. So I walked to every place I knew, remembering the amazing time I spent in Templeton.

Finally I ended my journey at the park where I spent my entire childhood. I walked around the park and stared at every single thing from the slides to the leaves on the ground, just cherishing the past.

I stopped when I saw the swing which was still the same one thirteen years ago, I sat on it and recollected the wonderful time I spent in this tiny town when something caught my attention.

In the distance, up in the sky I saw a green light. It was hiding behind the clouds but I could see it and I couldn't take my eyes off it. I kept staring at it and the more I looked the more I felt that the light was moving towards me, dissolving clouds along its way.

After a fraction of a second I blinked and when I opened my eyes the light was gone and the dissolved clouds returned back to life. Confused by the mystery of this light I returned home.

When I reached home I saw my parent were setting up dinner while my brother was playing on his phone.

"Hi sweetie, where did you go?" my mom asked

"remembering the happy times, I took a walk around the town" I said as I helped my mom with the plates.

"Well, you will get a chance to make new memories." Said dad walking to the dining table

"I know." I said

This topic was immediately forgotten as my parents gulped down their food as they had last minute packing left. Only my brother and I were on the table.

"Is your packing done James?" I asked my brother, trying to make small talk.

"Yeah" he answered, not at all interested

We had never been extremely close due to our constant disagreement and busy schedules, but one thing we could discuss without trying to kill each other was a good mystery like the ones on television. Not only mystery but also the paranormal activities like ghost and spirits.

So I walked to my room and took a nice hot shower and tucked myself under the blanket. As I went to shut my eyes I noticed that green light which I had seen in the park. This time the light was brighter. I wanted to figure what the light was and from where is it coming but my eyes shut slowly and before I knew it I was in dreamland.

***
Credit for chapter cover: @oracle_m
(PICSART)