Chapter12-SECRETS CAN SPEAK

RIHANNA'S POV:

It is 9am but after disturbed sleep in train yesterday,time doesn't matter. I will crash on bed as soon as I enter.

Leena opened the door in her white epron. I can see the whole busy world in her alone.

"Aren't you supposed to be at college by now?",I yawned widely.

"Oh thank God !You came before I left. Today I am scheduled for home visits"

"Home ..what???",I threw my sneakers , backpack aside and crawled onto my favorite place,bed.

"I talked about it before.You even went to meet one of those patients at hospital.Ok that's not important now, Rihanna. You have to pay our electricity bill today or else we will be charged extra for delay. Today happened to be last date and I have no time to do it after work .And today is Joey's day off .I didn't get to tell him about my duty today. Now he is probably sleeping with his phone in silent ,not attending my calls. I am leaving ".

I saw her taking her stethoscope and closing the door. I am half asleep already.

**************
Ringtone of my phone can be graded as the most annoying tool while I am sleeping.I stretched out my hand to reach my phone on desk.
"Who the hell now!! Aah it is this stupid Joey" ,now my senses started working .I can hear the calling bell too, probably ringing for a while I guess.I finally got up.

"If you didn't open the door for another minute,I would have called the police to check on your corpse. What do you think of yourself? Sleeping beauty or what !!!!",Joey had his way with words to annoy me in every possible way.

"Shut your damn mouth. Don't you know that I am tired of journey?why are you such a saddist to disturb people",I slowly got back to my bed and tucked myself under the covers.

"It's about 3pm!! Enough of your sleep,slug!! Don't you have any work? Where is Leena? She is not taking my calls".

I am gradually restoring what Leena said to my sleepy face this morning,"oh yes....Leena mentioned about some home visits and left me with work of paying bills",I instantly lost my will to sleep .

"Oh that new home visit program by our Dean, I didn't even have the schedule.I think they will assign at least 5 patients to each intern to visit in one day. As they belong to different hospitals and of different medical conditions ,these visits enhance our exposure."

"Actually Joey,I had PDF of that schedule in my phone because I asked Leena for my thesis.wait..",I kept searching phone for that PDF,"so do you need the consent of patient's family to visit?"

" We need but mostly that's not an issue.They won't reject the visit as it is just follow up of treatment."

"So you go there uninformed.I found the schedule"

Joey searched his name in the list,"Cool! My duty is a week later. Now I will check Leena's .I want to know how much work she had today and if she will return early. We can plan to go out in evening. Here it is ...Dr.Leena ..assigned to ....what the hell!!!! No,no,no..... "

Watching his turn grim suddenly ,"what's wrong",I am puzzled.

"I am leaving Rihanna. Catch you later",Joey handed back my phone.

"Wait,what??" ,he ran out of my sight in no time.

I can't comprehend what is going on with Joey these days. Is it late puberty!!He disappeared in lightning velocity after seeing Leena's schedule.

I looked back at the list of patients and one name riveted my memory back to the day of Joey's same odd behavior at hospital when I went to meet this patient,Ananya Jones. So is there any connection of Joey to this patient or just a pure coincidence which I am magnifying in vain?

Oh no ! I should have gone with Leena to meet this Patient.Let me see ..It's still not late......No use, Leena is not taking my call. Ok why to waste this day,I will pay those bills and go this patient's address alone...this address looks like same locality of Joey. I don't remember his door number though. This got fishy once again.

I suddenly remembered that help desk assistant gave me a folded paper containing the contact and name of this patient Ananya's attendant which I put in my hand bag unseeing as Joey drew my attention that day at hospital

I dug into my bag and found that slip. Name in that surprised me like hell,joined all my beads of suspicions into a string.The letters are clear ,"Joey Jones" and the contact number ".I can't believe what I am seeing. Even the last name matches with Joey, adding to that, same as that of the patient.

Who are we friends with ?Why is he full of secrets? What is he hiding behind the lies?Is this person on paper who we knew for years?We never once heard the name Ananya Jones and now, suddenly she happens to be in his care!!!!

But the contact number didn't match with Joey's, so I decided to call and find out where all this leads to...

NOTE:DEAR READERS PLEASE TAKE AN IMPORTANT NOTE HERE THAT I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE NAME OF PERSON IN LEENA'S PAST FROM "RAJ TO ROHAN/ RONNIE"