Chapter 10-HIDDEN PEARLS

RIHANNA'S POV:

The help desk assistant ended his call,"I can give you the guardian's contact number Mam! ........"

His voice slowly diminished as my attention is completely drawn towards the person who passed by."Excuse me for a minute" I ran towards that person and to my surprise it is Joey.

I stopped him from behind holding onto his shoulder.Joey turned back and stood there looking stupified,"what are you doing here?"

I smirked,"isn't that my question?I don't expect that question from someone who took Leena's car for attending friend's marriage today and now here we are.I guess people are marrying at hospitals too."

He started to stutter,"I am ....I mean.....I actually......My plan got changed and I had to visit one of my friends here.His father suddenly fell sick today.Okay ,I have to leave now".He left the place running out of breath and wiping off the suspiciously extensive sweat.

He left the place running out of breath and wiping off the suspiciously extensive sweat

I came back to the help desk and took the contact details of patient's guardian .

**************
Sitting in front of my laptop in the revolving chair , I suddenly stopped working thinking about Joey.

Watching me being distracted Leena rotated my chair towards her couch ,"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh yes Leena,you won't believe how suscpiciously Joey acted today or may be I am thinking too much."

Leena frowned in confusion,"What !!! how did you get to meet him today? You visited hospital right?"

" Yeah.I too was puzzled to see him there.He went there to console some friend whose father is sick.Believe me or not ,I wouldn't have been doubtful if not for his strange reaction after seeing me at the hospital."

"Don't over think Rihanna ,what is there for Joey to hide to act strangely!!He just might have had an unexpected change of plan."

I am still not convinced . Breaking my stream of thoughts,my mobile started ringing and it's my father.I took the call,"what are you saying daddy !! All you are concerned about is your work and you neglect your health.See you soon".I hung up and started packing my things in a hurry.

Leena is worried by my reaction ," is everything ok ?"

"Not too bad .Daddy fainted at work. I am worried as he is already not in good health.I have to leave .I may miss the last train. I will be not there for a day."

I suddenly realized that I needed to return the books of professor Ryan today as I promised, if not I may fail on my initial impression," oh no where are those books of Mr.Ryan?" I found those and rushed to the hall and he is not at home.

I handed those books to Leena,"Please do me this favor .I have to return these today no matter what and he is not at home. Make sure to give these to Mr.Ryan when he returns.Okay bye Leena".