Chapter 3-VEILED VISION

" Why God ,why me?", Rihanna looked low spirited.

" Why are you so down and who is the neighbor??"asked Leena.

"Notice of list of professors guiding for respective thesis works is released today.Everyone except me is lucky to get friendly guiding professors and I am left with most weird professor of college as my guide.Now knowing that our new neighbor is him,I am sooo happy" Rihanna smiled sarcastically.

Trying to boost her,Leena,"look at the bright side .You can get his help and support whenever needed as he is nearby.Cheer up girl!! And tomorrow is day off for both me and Joey. Let us go to concert as planned."

" Really! I have been waiting long to hang out with you guys,let's eat something delicious too after the concert", excitingly Rihanna picked her mobile to call Joey:
" Hello,the concert is near your home ,we ll pick you on our way tomorrow".

*************

             " Do not forget the car keys" , heading towards the elevator ,Rihanna shouted and suddenly lowered her voice ," I must greet Professor Ryan sometime later"

*****************
"Where is Joey? He is not even picking up the call.It is getting late for the concert" Leena sounded impatient.
" You wait in the car ,I will go look for him" Rihanna got out ," he never invites us to his house but always stuck to our apartment like a leech.I am not even sure where he lives"

************
" This is the address", Rihanna knocked and waited." Joey"!,She opened the door and stepped in.

Joey ran to the door in rush," wait there, don't come inside", dragged her out and slammed the door.

Shocked by his sudden freaking reaction,Rihanna yelled," what's wrong with you?what are you hiding inside your house that you are not letting me in?"

With face turned blue Joey replied," No......I mean.....I was just.....,House is not clean.You know how boys' rooms are messy.Dont imagine overboard"

Rihanna ,not looking convinced," ok, let's go.Leena is waiting".

*******************
Looking at Leena standing at a distance ,all dressed up ,Joey couldn't take his eyes off her," Aah!!she is looking great".
Rihanna kicked his leg," Get a hold of yourself. Don't make it obvious. Your feelings may end in vain if you don't wait for her past to heal".