Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I was so excited for tonight to roll around. I was now 100% sure of my love for her. During the whole day and night, I witnessed the interaction between Rose and Miranda. Even when we were alone, she cuddled and held my daughter like her own. How can I not love a woman who thinks of my daughter first and foremost?

I also caught how many times she would just look at me. I could not see her face to make out what she was thinking. But if it’s anything like what I was thinking, I would fulfill her wishes tonight. Then tomorrow as part of Rose’s gift. I will ask Miranda to marry me and my daughter.  Yesterday when I asked her what it was she desired most for her birthday she said Miranda as her mommy.

I smile thinking about how great I was to sacrifice myself for my daughter. Yeah sacrifice indeed. I could still smell her scent all warm and womanly, if I closed my eyes and tried hard to remember from this morning. I hated the fact that I always had to get up first. That way she was none the wiser of our spooning and my cupping a feel while she slept.

While Miranda took Rose a bath. I went to the room and made sure everything was perfect. Down to the silk boxers I wore and the silk sheets I put on the bed. I sigh as I run my fingers over the soft material. It was decadent, but still not as soft as her skin. I had already had my talk with Rose earlier. I needed her to be ready for when I pop the question tomorrow. We have a good plan. Rose would walk over to Miranda with a small gift box. Then as she opened it, we would both get down on our knee and ask her to marry us.

She also understood when I said she was not to come to our room tonight. Our room, I get goose bumps just saying it. It was odd though. When I told Rose all she said was “finally, I get to be in my bed to myself.”

I held back my laugh as Miranda came into the room all soaked from bathing Rose. “Your stinker of a daughter is ready to be changed. I am going to change and get ready for bed.” Then she walked out. I practically ran to Roses room and changed her and tucked her in. she held my face in her hands like she did the first day I came home from the hospital. “I love you daddy. Thank you for giving me a new mommy that loves me and you. Now you sleep in the same bed like my friend’s mommy and daddy.” She kissed my cheek and I walked out happy and a little confused.

I ran back to the bed and jumped in the bed and got under the covers. I was all impressed with my agility. Not bad for a 24 year old. I waited for her to come to me. I rubbed the stubble on my chine. I had rehearsed and played out a vast amount of scenarios in my mind. They all had me making and saying so many smooth things. But the moment she entered the room and laid on the bed, my mind went blank.

“Where is Rose?” she asked worried.