Chapter 3

Big shout out and thanks to @TheReddililah for the cover on the side bar she sent me...

Chapter 3

Lance’s POV

Once Joshua left, I started to feel like a caged animal again. It was a lie; my whole life has been a lie. I got up and made my way back to the liquor cabinet. I was stupid enough to throw my bottle at Joshua. I pulled out another bottle and opened it. I started to hear knocking at the back door. I knew who it was and I yelled out “go away, I told you, you were fired. I don’t need to eat. I don’t need a damn thing.”

I had just gotten a couple swigs of the liquid when I fell asleep and was later woken by a hand on my arm. I smacked it away. “Leave me the fuck alone.” I screamed out as best as I could, since my throat felt parched again. I reached out for my bottle and found nothing. It was then that I heard his voice.

“Well what the hell got into you man?” my head snapped up.

“Randle you came?” I crocked out since I was still parched.

“Well you did send for me old friend. Did you not? Now talk to me. Are you missing your dead wife still?” He asked with a concerned look on his face. I felt my anger rise once more.

“That bitch, I miss nothing from her. She is lucky she died, or I would have skind her alive with my bare hands. Her and that bitch of a daughter of hers too.”  I was breathing hard now, still in a fit of rage.

“Talk to me Lance, what happened?” Randle asked taking a seat by me and offering me a cup of coffee. I took it from his hands and took a gulp. It scolded my mouth and throat as it went down. But I deserved the pain.

“It was a lie Randle, everything was a lie.” I said as the memories flooded my brain once again. “You remember the love of my life Carmela?” I asked and he nodded yes. “Do you remember I had to break her heart because of that stupid night I got drunk and Sandra crawled into my bed, and got pregnant that night? I had to marry her to save face?” I felt my chest tighten.

Randle’s POV

“Yes Lance I remember all that. But why bring that up now?” I asked still not understanding.

Of course I remember Carmela. She was our 3rd musketeer. I also thought myself in love with her for a while. But she chose Lance not me. Which was the best thing to happen to me. since it was that day I went out to drown my sorrows. After I came to our hang out and saw Lance trying to practically swallow her whole.  I left heartbroken and went to get a drink. It was there that I bumped into the woman that showed me what love really was. 30 years later and I still can’t believe how lucky I was to meet her that night.

I was knocked, out of my trailing thoughts by Lance’s voice.

Lance’s POV

“I received a letter Lance, a letter written to me by my supposed daughter.”

“Lillian sent you a letter?”

“No Randle not that bitch. This letter had a check for 10 thousand dollars in it. It was made out to me, By a Miranda Petrovito. The letter said,

 Dear mister sperm donor,

I finally got my mother Carmela Petrovito (I include her name, in case you have other children scattered about.) To tell me who my father was. She told me the whole story. About how you slept with another after taking her virtue and then tossed her aside like garbage. She also told me how she went to you. To tell you she was carrying me in her womb. But that your wife told her to come back after she had spoken with you.

She then told me about the 10 thousand dollar check you sent her, with your wife. How you told her to tell my mother. That she better never tell anyone I was your daughter. How you are not even sure I was yours. She only took the money because she had nowhere to go because her father had kicked her out for shaming the family. I have worked hard to earn the money and be able to send it back to your low life ass.

I refuse to be indebted to a spineless loser like you.

“What the fuck” was all Lance could say. He seemed as shocked as I was. “She had your daughter also?”

“Only, she had my only daughter.” I say with a humorless laugh. I could not believe what I was reading so. I went through all of, my wife’s personal belongings. It was there that I found her Diaries.” I rubbed the skin over my heart. Since the sting was still there.

“Dammit Lance what did you find?” Randle asked as I turned to look at him.

“The truth Lance, I found the truth. She was already pregnant when she came to me that night. She thought I was a better prospect for a husband then the Childs real father. She also wrote about the triumphant way she took care of the problem of my real child.” I felt the tears slide down my cheeks.

“Did Lillian know?” Lance asked.

“Yes there are many passages in there about how they would conspire to milk me out of my money and put it in a hidden account. In case I found out. A lot of writing about her cheating behind my back and with whom. A lot of pages of all the men Lillian cheated on Joshua with also. It all made sense you know. Ever since her mother died, Lillian had been trying to come and pack her things away. But I wanted everything left as it was until I was ready to put it away myself. I’m guessing that prompted her to run. She knew once I knew the truth. All would be lost to her.” Lance put his arm around my shoulder and let me cry and lessen the tightness in my chest.

“I’m guessing I’m here so I can get a trace on your daughter and see where she is, and what has become of her life and Carmela’s?” I looked at him.

“Yes there was no return address and she sent a cashier’s check. I need to find them. I need to make things right, with her and her mother. How could one woman be so selfish and ruin so many lives?”

“We will never know my friend. Now let’s get you cleaned up and some food in you. We have much to plan and much to do. If you are to get your love and your daughter back.”

“Randle, talk to no one about this. Not even your wife or son yet.”

Joshua’s POV

A week has gone by and mom said Lance is almost back to himself again. It seems him and dad are doing some type of work together It was what got him back to normal. I was happy he was getting on with thing. Dad didn’t want to say what was going on but I was not pushing it.

“Daddy” Rose called out as she ran in the room.

“Hey there little princes, are you ready for your bath?” I ask as she comes in with a bag full of all the toys she brings in with her. I sigh, I end up wetter then she does most of the time.

 I was so happy now. I had wired Lillian the money Friday. After I got the document looked at by my father’s lawyers. She was now officially and finally mine, and only mine. I never have to deal with that bitch ever again.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..