Grow Your Hair Long, Fenor

[Soundtrack: Spring Charm by Adrian von Ziegler]

It had been two weeks since we officially left Skyhold. The place we settled down was serene and beautiful. When Solas lifted this part of the Veil to merge with our little corner of the world, it became a magical wonderland. I couldn't wait until Enlea was old enough to see it and understand its beauty.

Our cottage was a small one, built out of pine logs and cobblestone with a straw roof. It was nothing fancy -- simply a starter home. Solas said eventually, we will be able to build our own kingdom if we wanted, but he was waiting for me to master my magic for that so I could have the strength to build it with him.

We were at our cottage. Solas sat reading a book in front of me in his chair while I stood over him. I glanced at the book now and then to read a sentence or two; it was about the origins of wyverns.

"Fenor, when did you start shaving your head?" I asked as I glided the straight edge carefully across his scalp.

"I stopped letting my hair grow after I left the crystal spires of the old elven world."

"Because of your shame?"

He chuckled. "I'm afraid it's much simpler and less meaningful than that... You wouldn't believe the tangled mess I was left with after I woke up."

With a laugh, I loomed over him, my head nearly upsidedown to take a look at his thin eyebrows. "Was your hair black?"

"Yes." He swiped my silvery-white hair away from the pages of his book so he could continue reading.

"You should let it grow out."

"Nonsense."

"No, really. I bet your hair would be beautiful. I could braid it for you --"

"We have a daughter for that now; you can braid her hair whenever you so please."

"She's still too young, fenor. Her hair is barely three inches off her head." I leaned forward further and pouted. "This is the last time I'm shaving your head for you. I forbid you to do it again."

He closed his book and eyed me with one eyebrow raised. "You forbid me? Quite the bold statement, vhenan."

I gave him a wry smile.

He sighed. "Very well, I will let it grow." He scoffed, then. "What a small, mundane thing to get excited about. I hardly see why it matters."

"It doesn't. I would just enjoy it."

"If it is for your enjoyment, I suppose I don't mind." He leaned up and kissed me, his nose brushing against my chin. "Although, I am inclined to ask you not to allow our daughter to be as spoiled as you."

"She will be even more spoiled than me."

"As I feared."