Chapter 8

Itachi walked in their bedroom with an amused smile on his face. "After three songs and two bedtime stories our little rain of terror is finally asleep. Kid drives a hard bargain." Deidara chuckled, “She takes after someone I know."

The long haired raven feels his lips twitch at that before giving his husband a sober look, “Hn.”  He took off his robe, laying it across the the beautifully carved storage chest at the foot of their king size bed before crawling behind Deidara to massage his back, hearing a contented sigh leaving his lover’s lips.

“What's on your mind Dara?" The Uchiha’s baritone voice asked whilst kissing the back of his head. He could feel the tension in the platinum locks holder’s shoulders, a sure indication that something was weighing on his mind.

Deidara sighed and looked at Itachi through the mirror. "I'm worried." Itachi paused his ministrations to glance at his husband in the mirror before turning him around to face him. "Is something wrong with the baby? Do we need to go to the doctor?"

Deidara rolled his eyes in amusement, "Honestly the way you conclude and fret about the wrong thing amazes me how you don't have white hair from  worrying so much is beyond me."

The raven relaxed and smiled with adoration. "Can you blame me? I care about you, Lilium and the baby very much. You’re my life,” he said leaning in for a kiss, only to be stopped by a hand. 

“That's sweet dear, but you'll end up getting gray hair, then you'll look like an old man and that's a deal breaker for me." Deidara teased, crossing his arms over his chest. 

“Is that so?" Itachi smirked and leaned in again to claim his kiss. "Though I think I can make an exception,” Deidara smiled into the kiss.

“Then what were you worried about?” The older male asked when he pulled back. Deidara bit his lip and wondered if he should actually share his concerns with him because in reality he could be overreacting and imagining things at the end of the day. "It's about Naruto."

The long haired raven raised an elegant eyebrow at him implying that he was listening. "He came over to catch up today and he’s pregnant."

“Naruto and Neji are having a baby? That's great. Though I can see a very grumpy and moody baby brother in our future." Itachi said placing his large hands over the home of his baby hoping for a greeting. 

Blue eyes looked at black with a curious confusion. "What do you mean?"

“Hn.  Well...Sasuke has always had this huge crush on the blonde fox."

Deidara giggled, “Hmm, that explains why he was so flushed when he saw Naruto today.” His giggles turned into chuckles.  “Honestly, I never thought you brother could blush like that. It's so human of him."

Itachi gave an incredulous look.

“What? Your brother is practically immune when it comes to other omegas!”  Deidara exclaimed pressing his hands over the paler’s where their fetus was sleeping. 

“He’s human, Dei.”

Deidara gasped. "He is? Come on. Most of the time I can’t tell him apart from a human and a robot." Gaining a chuckle from the Uchiha.

“Anyways. I'm not sure if everything is alright, but when I asked if Neji and him where happy he didn't seem like himself,” he said with a frown.

"Maybe they are hitting a rough patch. It's their first baby right?"

The blonde sighed.  “Babies,” he corrected causing the raven to raise a questioning brow.

“Not sure how right I am,” he quickly said, “But Naruto is a lot bigger than when I was at the same gestational month with Lilium and even now if I had to compare our bellies."