Chapter 7

"I'm sorry Miss Haruno but Mr Uchiha asked not to be disturbed." Sasuke cringed, he could hear Ino calmly speak from his office and could also assimilate the slight annoyance in her tone. "It's lunch time. The man could probably need something to eat."

Sasuke had just rolled his eyes when the door to his office flew opened. Resisting the urge to scowl, he chose instead to keep his face blank and pay no attention to the pink monstrosity invading his office.

"Sasuke there you are!" The banshee exclaimed in excitement, trying her best to seem sensually appealing to the man who has yet to set an eye on her since she walked through the door. Ino followed behind her with her hands intertwined together and her head bowed. "I'm sorry, Uchiha-san, but I couldn't keep her from coming in." Sasuke flicked his hand dismissively, still not looking up from his work. Ino bowed her head again, a little lower, before leaving the office. Ino secretly hated Sakura and wished that she could practice her judo techniques on the annoying bumble gum floozie.

Sakura pouted at the lack of attention, so she walked over to his desk as sexy as she could master, leaning against it and pushing her chest out for the him to notice. "Sasuke I was wondering if we could have lunch together?" She asked in what she believed was a seductive voice whilst swirling her finger over the edge of his desk.

"Not hungry." Was his reply, still refusing to look her way.

The woman's smile slipped for a moment before reappearing with full force. "Don't be silly," she said in a sing song tone, "You've been working for so long and I think you need a break."

Sasuke paused on his writing and gently placed the pen on his desk, already having had enough of her, she was grating his last nerve. He leaned against his chair before giving her a piercing look, causing her to freeze, feeling shivers run down her spin. "Is this lunch, business related Miss Haruno?" His tone was cold and serious.

"Um, We-well I-I was just thinking -"

"Yes or no, Miss Haruno?" Sakura cleared her throat, looking away when she couldn't handle the jet black piercing orbs glaring at her. "No. No it's not."

The Uchiha kissed his teeth and gave a fake thoughtful look. "Hmm. That's funny. I was under the impression that this lunch you keep on insisting to have with me was on a professional basis." He growled, peering into emerald eyes, watching as the despondency broke her heart...once again; cautious not to be naive about it. It has never stopped her from perusing him before, no matter what he said or did to discourage her, she always kept coming.

He leaned forward, arms folded and resting on his desk; a cold gaze never leaving her eyes. "I'm a busy man. And as you can see I have no time to be entertaining personal affairs." Sakura sucked in a bit of air, trying her best to ease the ache of rejection...once again. "Why do you keep rejecting me?" She asked in a small voice, placing a hand over her heart. "We're perfect for each other," stating encouragingly, "you know this, right?"

Sasuke leaned back in his chair with one arm bent upwards on the armrest and the other resting casually, letting her talk.

"You and I would make a powerful couple." She continued, feeling boldly and walking around the desk towards the indifferent Uchiha. "Many would envy us. And many will adore us," she chimed whilst turning his chair to make him face her. "Don't you want that? You and I could rule the business economy...together," her voice sensuous, shoving the low cut blouse that exposed her cleavage and leaning in to try and kiss the dark haired debonair.

The pink haired woman blinked in disbelief when Sasuke pushed her face away. "Your logic amuses me," he said, though the words didn't quite match up with the stoic look on his face. "It's funny how you believe that Haruno Inc., is powerful enough to rival Uchiha Inc.". Chuckling in amusement, "It's actually quite,...how should I say,...adorable. I'll admit, your company's strength is impressive but it's not enough for me to quiver in my boots."