Chapter 4

Sai sat comfortably on a chair in Kiba's apartment. Skillfully playing with the knife in his hand while he let his men play with the owner of the house. Kiba groaned in pain, his head and shoulders drenched from the time they tried to drown him. Bloody and bruised from all the beatings he had been receiving, he wouldn't be surprised if something was broken.

Sai flicked his hand to stop the man that was currently torturing the brunette. Standing up and calmly walking over to the beaten brunette and squatting down to the man's level on the floor, the raven roughly grabbed his damp hair so that he was forced to look up at him.  “I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that I can't kill you,” placing the knife he was playing with on Kiba's neck.  He pressed it a little to draw a bit of blood causing Kiba to hiss in pain. "Why... Are you... Doing this?" He cried between pants.

Sai placed his finger against his chin pretending to be thinking about it, then smiled cruelly at the man. "Would you believe me if I said I was bored and I was doing this for fun?" Kiba gave him a weak look. "No?” Answering for the suffering male.  “Hmm..let's see why am I here?”  He glanced up at the three men that had accompanied him, rhetorically asking them as if they knew the answer.

“Ah yes. Did you happen to know that MY Naruto has been acting very strange lately. So, I wondered to myself what could be the reason, unless that he must be cheating on me."

Kiba gave a bitter laugh. "Is that what this is all about?" Spitting out the blood in his mouth and getting some of it on Sai's shoe. "I'd hate to break it to you but you're beating up the wrong guy."

“You see that's where you're wrong.”  He exclaimed wiping his shoe on the dog lover’s pant leg.  “Naruto hangs out with you a lot, therefore it's only logical that it has to be you.  Don’t think that I haven't noticed the way you look at him." Growling in the man’s face. Kiba smirked despite the pain. "Can you blame me?  I'll admit to fantasizing now and then.  I will say that he’s the finest creature I've ever came across.” His smirk widened when he noticed that he was getting under Sai's skin. "Wouldn't surprise me if he chose me over a savage barbaric like you."

Sai ramed his head hard against the floor then roughly pulled his head back. Kiba winced at the treatment, his head throbbing and overcome with dizziness. 

"Now I'll warn you.” The raven sneered showing his contempt.  “I don't usually leave my victims alive... so take this as me being generous for my lover’s sake.  End whatever game you're playing and stay away.  Far away!”  He pulled Kiba close to his face in order to whisper in his ear, “Because he’s mine. Is that clear?" The brunette didn’t have time to respond before he felt his head shoved against the floor again and a blinding pain piercing into his shoulder for good measures. "This is to make sure you understand what's coming to you if you don't listen." Sai said removing the knife and watching Kiba writhing in pain. “I'd take my warning if I were you. Next time I won't be so kind." He said walking out of the apartment and his men not far behind.

.....

The bell rung, indicating it was lunch time. Naruto sighed in relief and smiled at his class, clapping his hands together to grab the childrens attention.  “Eyes on the teacher..." started Naruto, pointing at his eyes for the students. "... And ears are opened." They obediently responded, cupping the back of their little ears as if to help them to listen properly to whatever their blond teacher had to say. Naruto smiled instructing them to get their lunch and wait patiently by the door, forming two straight lines.  He led them to the play ground where they gathered in a circle on the grass to eat lunch.  No sooner were they seated, he spotted Hinata whose class was already out for lunch, attending to a child.  She was an odd case for a descendant of the Hyuga clan.  Even though every Hyuga went into the field of Law, she somehow managed to escape working as a police officer to take up a career in teaching kindergarten at Roseland.