Chapter 1

Naruto glanced around the room, among the busy body of his classmates, a paper gripped tightly in his small hands. His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when he spotted his best friend. "Sasuke!" He excitedly exclaimed, running as fast as his little legs could carry him, stepping on his loose shoelaces in his hast. He yelped as he fell to the ground, the class bursting with laughter. His lower lips quivered, tears edging towards the corner of his eyes, his face red with embarrassment. "It's not funny!" Naruto yelled at them mocking him. Sasuke sighed and glared at the other children who dared to laugh at his best friend.

Walking over to comfort the close to tears blonde, "You should be careful, Naruto," he lightly scolded his friend. Said blonde sniffled, using the sleeve of his t-shirt to wipe his nose. Struggling to tie his shoelaces like his daddy taught him. "The bunny goes over under-" he whispered under his breath. The raven sighed again and helped him tie his shoes. Naruto looked at him in awe. "Sasuke you're so cool."

"Hn," trying his best not to blush at the praise, but he couldn't stop himself from puffing his little chest in pride. Naruto's blue eyes widen as if he finally remembered something. Picking up the paper whilst Sasuke helped him up, "I drew this for you!" He said excitedly, thrusting the piece of paper towards the Uchiha's face, almost hitting him with it. He smiled sheepishly when black eyes scowled at him. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at his friend for a moment before turning his gaze to the piece of paper in his hands. His eyes softening at what was on the thin sheet, a drawing of him hugging his green T-Rex. "I know you lost Mr. Rex at the park so I drew you a picture of you and him together, to show you he will always be with you." He blushed clamping his hands behind his back and nervously swung side to side, waiting for his raven haired friend to respond. Sasuke smiled fondly, "Thank you Dobe." Naruto wasn't sure if he wanted to smile or pout at the fact that Sasuke keeps calling him an idiot. Nonetheless he chose to smile, "Teme!" He said, showing off his two missing front teeth as they were called to gather around at the front of their classroom.

....

The sound of an alarm clock was loud in the dark quiet room. A tired groan made it's quick escape between the lips of a sleepy figure as a pale hand slipped from under the grey colored duvet patting the nightstand in search of the noisy device. Coming in contact with his phone, Sasuke brought the tiny gadget to his face. Adjusting his eyes to the bright light of his phone. '5:30' light up the screen. He sighed, hating the fact it was already time for him to get ready for work.

Tossing his phone carelessly on the bed and getting up into a sitting position, he let the navy sheets pool around his naked waist and ran his fingers through his dark spikes, turning his gaze to the picture on the nightstand. It was the drawing Naruto gave him when they were little. He smiled at it but quickly frowned when once again his mind fed him his childhood memories in his sleep. Having never seen the blonde since they graduated high school, both having to study at different colleges in different states. He felt as if his mind was just provoking him for being a coward for not confessing his feelings on their last day together. Instead he chose to stay quiet in order to save himself the embarrassment in case Naruto didn't feel the same.

'Why didn't I say something' he silently wondered, shaking his head at the thought and stretching his limbs. He yawned while climbing out of bed heading for the bathroom to get himself ready with hopes of forgetting any thoughts of the blue eyed sunshine.

An hour later, Sasuke walked down the stairs towards the kitchen to prepare himself a cup of coffee, rolling his eyes when he found Itachi sitting at the breakfast island, having already made himself at home. "Trespassing is against the law," he said in a bored tone, getting a mug and poring cup of coffee.