Chapter 39 - Sweet Lips

**

"Ew, I cannot watch myself on TV. This is just weird to see, turn it off," I giggled, cringing as I came onto the screen. "I ended up being a solid actress though, but my god I cannot watch myself act."

Paul chuckled, changing the channel to something else. On came a Beatles performance, to which he stuck out his tongue and made a gagging sound as he scrunched up his nose. I threw a pillow at him as I laughed harder.

"Wait I wanna see it!" I called out.

"Quiet, you two, I'm trying to write a resume!" Thomas yelled from upstairs, making me laugh so hard my belly hurt.

"Ew no, if we don't gotta see your movie then we don't gotta see me all sweaty and gross," Paul giggled.

"Ugh fine," I groaned, playfully rolling my eyes. "Then what in the world are we gonna do in between all this time we have until John's party?"

He turned off the TV and slumped down next to me on the couch, lying down and resting his head on my lap. Rolling over, he lifted my shirt up slightly, and before I could react, he blew a raspberry on my tummy making me squeal and burst into more laughter.

"Quit it, McCartney," I giggled, going red as I pushed him off my lap. "Aw, you're a cheeky one, aren't you?"

"Y'know, cheeky was the exact word you always liked to use on me," Paul said, sitting next to me and putting his arm around me. "If you want we could just sit here and talk."

"About what?" I asked.

"Anything," Paul replied. "I want to you cuddle me, can you cuddle me?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, leaning into Paul and wrapping my arms around his waist. "Why do you always wanna cuddle?" I asked, amused.

"Because you're nice to cuddle. And you smell good," Paul said. "I love this perfume on you. Don't get me wrong, you still have a beautiful scent without it, but this perfume drives me insane."

"Maybe I should wear it more often then. I've always liked it too, after all I would need to like it to wear it," I said. "I've been using the same perfume since I was 16. What about you and that cologne of yours?"

"Eh, just something I picked up once and noticed how nice it was. I hope it ain't too strong or anything," Paul said.

"Oh no, no it's fine, it's perfect, actually. I love it," I said. "Jesus, that's addicting. Maybe I enjoy how cuddly you are."

"That's a good thing, cos you're gonna have to really get used to it, y'know," Paul chuckled.

We sat there in silence for a bit as we just took in the moment, letting our presence be enough for conversation. It was crazy to think that I could've forgotten something so special. We had only been flirty with each other for a few days but I could feel a true connection already sparking.

"What were we like as a couple. Y'know, were we like this, what was our first kiss like, all that dumb lovey dovey stuff," I asked.

He smiled when I mentioned this. "Well it's how we are now. We could just sit around and talk and it's be amazing. We enjoyed just holding each other and being in each other's company. And I especially made sure we did a lot of kissing. Our first kiss was initiated by you, though, which surprised me, but I loved it. We were just lying in the dark and then you kissed me," Paul explained. I looked up at him and saw an even wider grin come across his lips.

I smiled and looked back down, mentally patting myself on the back. That was really something I didn't expect. I've always been shy about relationships, sure I'd get myself into them, but I was always too nervous to actually make a move unless the other one already had.