Chapter 38 - Dance

**

JACKIE

Finally, the hospital had allowed me to go home, but I had to stay with someone for a while to watch me. At first I was gonna stay just with my parents, but then they invited Paul to stay too. Well, it was more Mum that invited him rather than Dad. Dad seemed to hate him for something.

Paul gave me a tired smile as my Dad opened the door and we waited a she fumbled with his keys. I felt terrible. I woke up and he started professing his love for me but I didn't have a clue as to who he was, apart from that he was in The Beatles.

I didn't know what to think of him. He seemed cocky when we first met and was awfully flirtatious. Of course that was a while back, but that doesn't mean he's changed. He could've, I'm just not sure I could imagine it.

Everyone tells me that we were in love with each other and started dating last year. I don't remember it. I really wish I could, but I couldn't. Apparently I was so sure he was the one and would tell Mum all about him.

For all I know, they could be lying to me. Not that they would, but you never know. He seemed heartbroken when I didn't remember him though. The look on his face was enough to have made me wanna cry. He seemed so genuinely hurt by all this.

Mum told me he knows about what happened to me. It feels weird knowing that he knows. He's like a stranger to me. If only I could just reach into my brain to find the memories.

"Welcome home, Jack," Thomas said, making me slap his arm.

"Ew, you know I hate that nickname," I playfully whined.

He shrugged with a smirk, "Why else would I use it?"

Thomas was such a typical brother, but I loved him. We were only 3 years apart, even though when we were younger that seemed like decades in difference. He'll always be my best friend. Quite literally, he's been there since day one. I'll never forgot all the times he's helped me.

I was surprised when I found out he was finally released from prison. I was also incredibly excited, talking to him with guards watching and everything always just made me uncomfortable to the point where I could barely have a normal conversation with him.

Apparently I had told him about Paul too. Gee, he must have really been something for me to go preaching about this alleged love I had for him. With anybody else, I'd wait ages before telling my family and letting them meet. The only thing that kept him from meeting Paul was the prison.

I think Thomas liked Paul. He didn't like the boys I usually was with, but he was already treating Paul like a good friend. Maybe he was impressed with how he had visited me everyday, even after I woke up and didn't know who he was. I guess that impressed me quite a bit too.

I looked over at Paul and couldn't help but swoon a bit. He was extremely attractive, I couldn't believe I managed to score someone like him.

Maybe I could try to find some sort of connection with him again. It couldn't hurt to try, right? I was sure that my Dad only didn't like him because he was being a Dad like always. That was just his job to hate the boyfriend.

"I'm gonna be going over to your house to pick up some things for you in a bit. Did you want anything in particular?" Paul asked, speaking shyly like we were strangers. We were strangers, but I thought it was odd he thought of it like that.

"I can come with you if you want," I offered, thinking some alone time together would do us some good. Maybe if we talked about things together something would come back to me.

He smiled a bit, but looked like he was trying to hold back his excitement. It was adorable. He was adorable. Only a few days and I was already getting wooed by his cute looks.