Chapter 23 - Lazy Days

**

When you take into consideration how long Paul and I have been together, I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought we couldn't already love each other. I wouldn't blame someone if they said we were only infatuated with each other, and our love wasn't actually real. After all it had only been a little over three months, and technically, it really ain't that long.

Despite what logic says, I feel like I really do love him. Really, we've been around each other more than most normal couples would. We lived together, and our time spent was probably much longer than the average 3 month relationship. If you count the tours, sure, maybe it's the same, but some couples only ever see each other maybe even once a weeks, or less.

They say love is something odd, and you'll rarely feel real love. You can be completely certain of it, or completely unsure of it. People can be scared of love, and others may be on a hunt for falling in love. Sometimes, you can really be in love, or trick yourself into completely believing so.

The only reason I remember so much about that is because I had let all these happen to me. I remember being so certain I loved someone, only to realise later that it was just what I wanted to feel. After a bad breakup, I was just so eager to find love again. I wanted to find someone new who I think I could love, but it was a trap. I trapped myself into an abusive relationship. All because I wasn't careful. I never stood up for myself either. I wish I did, but I didn't.

After that, I was scared. Love was a terrifying thought, and I didn't wanna have anything to do with it. Falling in love and then being broken wasn't something I wanted again. I was so young, and so naive, and it broke me. It got to the point where I was only 19, and didn't know if I wanted to fall in love anymore. I didn't wanna trust someone new with my heart.

Of course, Paul changed that. He changed all of that drastically. At first, he seemed like he was just another predator looking to come and hurt me. I only saw him as a terrible man, ready to pounce on me, and leave me in pieces after. In fact, I had convinced myself he was only that. I didn't give him a chance, nor did I let us get better acquainted.

Everyday since the confession, I make sure I tell him I love him. This time, I just felt so sure of it. As cheesy as it sounds, I feel like he might be what they call 'the one'. In his words and in his actions, he has me convinced that we have something very special, something we can't let go of. We had love.

I was so certain I had found love, that I was uncertain. There was so much hope, and I was so convinced that it made me unsure if I was thinking right, so of course I had left it for a bit. It wasn't until I accidentally told him how strongly I feel, that I had the confidence to believe it.

Now that I've felt it, I think I know what the meaning of a heart fluttering is. It's like this strange sensation that plays around in your heart when you see the person you care so deeply about. One glance, and you feel it. It can last as short or as long as it wants, whether it'd be seconds, minutes, hours. Not sure about days, but heck, I'd believe it could.

Just the joy he gave me with his presence would be enough to keep me awake for the rest of my life. The energy that bounced off of him was so appealing, and it only drew me closer. He was a magnet, a very strong one too. One I couldn't resist being attracted to.

Staring down at his sleeping face and just being able to look at him without any distractions felt good. He rested in one spot, only occasionally shifting around. I had his face in my hand, just admiring how beautiful of a human he really is. All the time, I admire him, but when it's times like these were I can just gaze for ages, it feels so calm and soothing.