Chapter 1 - Interest

**
June 26th, 1964

"Damn, lousy driver!" I yelled in my car. I was nearly hit by some speeding idiot in some expensive car. Asshole.

It was weird, I had managed to earn quite a bit of money from my young career, but I hadn't done much with it. What car I had didn't matter much to me, as long as I had one. My house didn't bother me either. I just wanted to feel at home there, but of course it's not easy living in a little neighbourhood. All of a sudden everyone who sees you follows you and tries to barge into your life. The neighbours turned into a bunch of people who just wanted to be my friend because I had become somewhat famous. I even had old friends trying to contact me after I had starred in some movie they watched.

As I got to a stoplight I rolled down the window and lit myself a cigarette. I only smoked when I needed something to get the stress off my mind, but other than that I didn't do much smoking. The only thing stressing me out was this schedule that seems to always be changing, and I had quite a bit to do this week. Right now I was on my way to head to a photoshoot for some magazine. I'd have to then write some stuff for an interview they'll put in there. It's all just for publicity I suppose.

When the light turned green, I was switching through the radio while trying to concentrate on the road. There was finally something I liked and I happened to like it so much it ended up being put on quite high. Because my window was down, of course I got a few nasty stares from some older people. It didn't bother me none. I was enjoying myself, and I'm sure deep down they were too.

For some odd reason as soon as I pulled up at the studio, I had a weird feeling. It was like I knew something big was gonna happen, but at the same time I didn't know. My manager Larry greeted me at the door as I came in, and after checking in I was brought to get my hair and makeup done.

I was pretty plain looking in my opinion. The only thing that really made me stand out was my grey eyes, but that's about it. Sometimes they looked more like a light blue depending on the lighting, but they were grey. I had mixed feelings with them, sometimes I absolutely loved them and thought that they looked quite nice, but sometimes I hated them and wished I had something more normal.

Once they had finished my hair and makeup, and I had my clothes for the shoot on, I headed to the area where I would have my pictures done. It was just a simple plain white background, nothing special. This was one of my first photoshoots, I think it was the fifth one I had done. You see, I hadn't been 'famous' for that long, and I had only starred in two movies and one came out last year while the other came out this year.

"Hello Miss Alison, I'll be taking your picture today," a young woman said enthusiastically. "Please excuse my excitement, I'm a big fan of you."

I smiled at her, she seemed like a nice girl. "Thank you, I'm very grateful for that."

"Oh my god, I'm sorry," she said, putting her hand over her mouth as she turned around and breathed heavily. She went behind her camera. "Well we better start now before I get too carried away."

Once she had gotten control over her excitement, she actually made a pretty good photographer. She had this unique style when it came to her she wanted her pictures and I must say, I quite liked it. If she wanted me to do something she knew how to explain it to me properly and she found good angles of me without even knowing me that long. Also, she was a very kind person, very sweet and helpful too. Of course I wouldn't be seeing the pictures until they were printed, but I was very eager to get her number for future shoots.

When it was done, I shook her hand and she seemed more relaxed now than excited. "Thank you, you seem to be a good photographer, I like how you work. Could I maybe get a number in case of future shoots where I need pictures?" I asked.

Her face lit up and she was grinning like a Chesire Cat. "Oh gosh, really?"

"Of course, I'm actually very excited to see how the pictures turn out," I said.

She found a piece of paper and scribbled her name and number on it. I took it and smiled at her, before my manager told me I had to go write some stuff down for my interview. He handed me a sheet of paper and a pen, and I read through the questions first making sure I was okay with them.

"Give it to me when you're done, just write down your answers and they'll be printed in some magazine along with those pictures," Larry said.

"Alright," I said.

It wasn't anything too crazy, just details and a few questions, normally the stuff you'd find in these type of interviews. Answering it wasn't too bad either, it was stuff I had answered a lot or had already thought of in case I was ever asked. It would be a bit awkward if my mind went blank after being asked a question, because then you look like a bit of a fool if you can't find a way to entertain while thinking. Once I filled it out it looked something like this.

Name : Jackie Alison
Age : 19
Birthday : 21st August, 1944
Eye and hair colour : Dirty blonde hair, grey eyes,
Hobbies : Piano, acting, reading, a bit of shopping here and there.
Favourite music : Rock n Roll
Favourite band/singers : Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, The Beatles, Buddy Holly
Likes : Artwork, music, films,
Dislikes : Cat pee, porridge, creepy men, B.O., itchy dresses
Fears : Spiders, heights, being taken advantage of

It was one of the most simplest things I had to fill out thankfully. Interviews weren't really my thing. Sometimes I'd like to have a bit of privacy. I'd do a few interviews here and there, but nothing too much. I preferred having my own life as my own business rather than everyone else's, but of course they were good to promote my movies and maybe sometimes land me roles for people looking for a cast.

I gave the sheet to Larry, but just as I was about to leave he stopped me. "I actually have someone that I need you to meet. I've been looking for more opportunities to put you out there a bit more, and I've found something perfect that'll boost your career nicely."

"What's this whole thing about?" I asked.

"Well someone who I think you'll have heard lot about needs a date for a public event, and we need someone who can fill in the role of his on camera love interest," Larry explained.

I sat down, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at him. "You want me to have a fake boyfriend so the press have something to talk about."

"Look, it's better for your career. It could land you more roles from the publicity, and it could help you career take off even more. You've been doing good so far, I don't want you to fade away forever," Larry said, sitting next to me.

A secretary came up to us, making us both stand up. "Sir, a man by the name of Brian Epstein and his client is here to meet you?"

"Yes, that's the one. Thank you, tell them to just come in here," Larry said.

I glared at him as he waited at the door, fixing his watch. He noticed my passive aggressiveness, before smiling and saying, "Don't worry, you'll love it."

The door soon opened and I stood up behind Larry, adjusting my skirt quickly. He shook hands with whom I assume is Brian Epstein, and there was someone behind him, but I couldn't see properly over Larry's shoulder.

"Jackie?" Larry said. I looked at him, and he smiled, before stepping aside, revealing who my on camera love interest would be. "This is Paul McCartney."

**

Hi! Hope the first chapter was alright, nothing too special, but nothing too bland. I'm excited to see how you enjoy this story and how the story will start to expand. Thanks for taking the time to look at it, and thank you if you did vote. See you in the next chapter!