Chapter 11 - Hair

**

As I cooked lunch with the radio on, I heard Paul's loud footsteps come towards the kitchen. I looked over for a second as he came in, smiling at him. We shared a side hug as I continued cooking and he started tapping his feet to the music. I looked over, seeing him starting to bounce around and dance.

"Having fun there?" I asked.

"Oh Jackie, come dance with me," Paul asked.

"I'm cooking Paul!" I said, stirring the food around.

"Screw that! I wanna dance with me girl," Paul said.

He grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the food. I had to quickly chuck the spatula on the bench as he danced around with me. I giggled as he spun me around, making me fall back into his arms. My back was against his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me. We danced around, starting to completely forget about the food that was still cooking.

Paul spun me around again, so we were back to holding hands and dancing around. As we danced, I caught a glimpse of the food, making me remember and let go of his hands. "Paul, the food!" I yelled out.

"We can eat out instead if you want, the food shouldn't be that much of a problem," Paul said. "Don't you wanna dance with me, love?"

I turned around, leaning on the bench and looked at Paul. "Maybe if I'm not cooking something."

"Then stop cooking," Paul said. He walked closer to me, and hugged me. "I want more time with you. I'm going on tour again soon."

"I know Paul- Oh my god! My hair!" I screamed, running away from the stove. "Paul my hair's on fire!"

I ran to the bathroom, panicking and screaming the whole way there. Maybe I wasn't the best at staying calm in situations, even when I knew that'd be a bit more better. Paul was running behind me, but I didn't stop to look back at him. My hair was flaming for gods sake!

The smell of burning hair wasn't the nicest. It smelt terrible, it was so unpleasant and it didn't help my freaking out. I could even feel the heat from the fire, making me sweat both from the fear and the heat. Quickly, I held my hair up in a side ponytail and took a look, but as soon as I saw it, I let go.

When I got to the bathroom, I quickly turned on the shower and dipped my head in, hoping the fire would go out. Paul came behind me, helping me guide the hair toward the water. It was out thankfully, but it didn't mean I still wasn't in shock.

Paul turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around me. Cold water did the job, but it got me freezing. He kept me in his arms as he brought me toward the window, letting the sunlight that came through warm me up. I felt him touch my hair, which was probably competently burned and ruined now.

"Jackie, your hair," Paul said.

"How short is it?" I asked.

"It's just at your shoulders, love," Paul said. I could feel his fingers run through my now short hair as he sighed. "I'm sorry, this was my fault. Maybe I should listen to you more."

"It's... It's just hair Paul, I'll survive," I said. There was a look of shock as I walked up to the mirror, looking at my hair. It was a brownish black colour at the ends and it had burnt quite a bit. "Oh my god, I need to call Maureen to fix my hair."

"I'll go call her up and see when she's free," Paul said.

"Thanks."

*

I looked in the mirror, seeing how short it had to be cut. It's been a long time since I had cut my hair anything close to this length, I just always had my hair long. Maureen pit the scissors down and held a mirror behind me so I could see the back of my head.