𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯. 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭.

WARNING: a tiny bit (?) of manga spoilers ahead!

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

sakura looks at the ceiling in her bedroom as she lays down on her bed, face blank, the thoughts in her mind consuming her deeply.

the only thing that kept her company was the voice she was hearing in her head.

sakura knew this was her mother was sending her this message, but it kept playing over, and over. it started to irritate her.

the thing is, sakura's mother can't say words when she sends messages, she could only hum a certain song, hoping they would understand.

her mother would tell her many stories, how she was able to help so many people through her voice, and that made her extremely overjoyed about it.

but deep inside, sakura knew her mother couldn't solve her own problems with her voice.

this is why she spent most of her time being with her mother, but that all started to change until her father was participating in a new project.

now, the project was called project x.

though, people just call it that because know one really knows what it was really called, since it was "top-secret."

the goal of this project was to improve the abilities of its users, or even try to expand it.

lots of people were asked to participate this project, but found nothing interesting.

all ended in failure, so the they were considering calling this project off.

that was until her father suggested her, his daughter to participate this project.

sakura's mother was not happy with his idea. she was afraid this would harm her health, and she wanted her to enjoy the life of not constantly trying out her ability, since little sakura was still very young at this time, about 6.

but, the young girl was curious, she wanted to know about her father's job, she wanted to know what he did when he was away, and her father ensured that she wouldn't be harmed anyway.

and so, her mother finally agreed, all for sakura's sake.

now, sakura was lucky to not get tested like the others, she didn't have to take things in order to ensure that they qualified for this project. she was still really young, after all.