Ch. 16 🖤 BIRD IN A CAGE 🖤

(Mina's POV)

Amused by his cooking skills, I had to admit that he was one skilled guy at that. He was staring at me like usual as I silently ate my meal, feeling flustered at the same time. To hide my flustered face, I decided to strike a conversation to eliminate the awkwardness and make myself comfortable.

I wanted to ask him a certain question which was bugging me from the very beginning. I stopped eating and faced him, only to be met by a smile on his face. Somehow, it felt as if his eyes were trying to say something which wasn't clear to me at all.

"Can I... uhh... ask you something?" I hesitantly spoke.

"I know what you want to ask but, let's just hear it from you!" He smiled cheerfully.

"Well, why do you care about me? I am no one to you, then why? Shouldn't you kill me...? Because... you're a vampire and I'm a human? That's what vampires do, right?" I knowingly asked him while avoiding his eyes.

"I don't want to. We only kill bad people and you are way too innocent to be killed for nothing." He shrugged making it appear as if I was a hopeless person at that.

"Then, why have you locked me up in this place like a prisoner? Also, are you saying that the girl I helped was one of the bad people?" I asked, rolling my eyes not believing his words.

"Yes. You were too innocent to see her true nature. And about the fact that I have kept you here, it's your punishment since you helped that woman. Also, you're naive. You better stay with me otherwise people will definitely take advantage of you. You need to learn how to live wisely." He said, his eyes closed with a proud smirk on his lips as if he was the smartest of all.

"Are you my parent!?" I blurted out before even realising it only to feel pain hitting me right at that moment.

Parent...?

"...Why do you feel like a prisoner anyways? I have already provided you with everything." He asked, looking at me with a soft expression.

My parents... They're gone...

Why do I feel like... I'm breaking... I feel so much sad...

I'm forgetting something...

"I don't like it here and I hate you!" I suddenly raised my voice.

"Oh, is that so? Then, look into my eyes and say that again. Tell me what I didn't do for you to make you feel comfortable and happy here." He said, surrounded by that same dark aura when I first met him.

I took deep breaths before looking at him. "You are not letting me go! I want to go home!" I told, gathering up my courage.

His expression turned even darker as I said those words. I gulped nervously feeling goosebumps because of his stone cold stare. He stared at me not uttering a single word. I looked down not being able to see him in the eyes anymore. His stone cold stare would always make me feel uneasy.

"Do you want another punishment?" He spoke with no emotions. His tone was threatening and I could not see any hint of softness in his eyes. I didn't dare to speak anything after then.

 I didn't dare to speak anything after then