Chapter 26: An Angry Side of Him

"They told me she was dead. She had to be dead." Zenan paced back in forth. I had sat down against the glass while we waited for Lucas to be taken out of quarantine.

"Calm down. They probably lied to you so you wouldn't be hurt. Happens all the time on Earth." I said simply.

"Lied to me? Lied to me?!" He yelled storming over and looking down on me. "I was going to marry her Madlynn. They would have told me."

"Marry her?" I asked quietly trying to scoot away from this angry side of Zenan I didn't like.

"Zenan! Stop!" Lucas said pulling him back away from me. "Your scaring her."

Zenan was about twice the size of Lucas and he almost looked like he wanted to throw him across the room but he calmed himself down and slumped down into a corner.

"Are you okay?" Lucas asked helping me up. He was pretty handsome for his age.

"Ye-yeah. I'm fine." I said. "But if we're walking, your going to have to help me."

"You look like you can do it yourself." He said looking me up and down.

"She has a few broken ribs. She can't walk without someone helping her or it hurts too much." Zenan snapped.

"Sorry. I didn't know." Lucas said helping me over toward his brother. "Is that why you had your arm around her waist then? Your not together?"

"We aren't together. I was helping her. But according to the Prophesy we are supposed to be together."

"That's nonsense. The Prophesy isn't real. It's folklore the locals made up to keep the young men focused on family."

"I'm the reincarnation of the First Leader. It's kinda true. And anyways Zenan and I have an electric connection." I told him missing the hum of energy that used to be around my waist. It was different with Lucas supporting me.

"Here let me get you." Zenan said trying taking me from Lucas.

"I've got her. And any ways. It's a way I can bond with someone after being stuck in a forest for three years."

"Fine."

"Do you think Kayra would go for me still? After everything?"

"I doubt it."

"Oh well. Her loss." Lucas winked at me and I giggled. Zenan just rolled his eyes as we left the city gates.

"Well, how is your experience with Darklings Luke?"

"Haven't seen one in years. Why?"

"I have one." I smiled resting my head on his shoulder as we waited for Ganter. I knew deep inside he wouldn't be long and sure enough the large grey beast soared above us to take us back to where my new home was.

"Wow." Lucas said in awe. "He's yours?"

"Yep. All mine." I said getting on with Zenan's help. "We have a connection too."

"You are now my favorite person." He told me getting on behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. Then we were off.

A/N I hope you know that every time I type quarantine I think of the movie I watched with my cousins a few years ago. It still gives me nightmares... I'm so glad I got to babysit my little cousin lol. Too bad I can't leave a movie unfinished. I would bug myself. Well here's the next chapter and an incite into my mind. Hope you enjoyed!