Chapter 17: Gone

Chapter 17: Gone

I paced back and forth through my room, running my fingers through my hair. "I wonder what she would do if I told her..." I wondered out loud.

"She would probably hate you. And me." Blake said and I spun around and saw him leaning against my door frame.

"Go away. I have enough on my plate as it is. I don't need you here with your uncontrolled power."

"It's not my power anyone's worried about. It's your curse." He spat. "You killed Rhiann, purposely or not."

"Don't bring her into this." I said sadly. "I won't take the chance of Madlynn getting hurt or end up like Rhiann. Don't come looking for me. I need to be away from her."

"Like I care where you go." Blake spat. "Just don't be upset if Madlynn doesn't want you if you come back."

"I won't be coming back." I told him. He shook his head doubtfully then walked out the door. I started gathering my things. I leave in the morning, no goodbyes.

•*•*•

"Zenan?" I knocked on his door the next morning. I knew how I would get him to talk to me on what happened. "Zenan, open up."

I pounded on his door for about 5 minutes before turning the handle. Surprisingly it was unlocked, so I walked in.

"Zenan?" I searched his room and found nothing, so I ran down stairs and into the living room where the rest of the crew was. "Zenan is gone."

Blake looked relieved and surprised at the same time and Percy looked worried. Savanah just looked upset like she knew.

"Percy, I need to talk to you. Privately." Savanah said, pulling him up up the stairs, leaving me and Blake alone.

"What happened between you and Zenan?" I asked Blake and he just sighed.

"It's nothing. It doesn't matter. Believe me." He said before getting up and going into the kitchen. I frowned then walked into the library. I might as well learn about my reincarnated self some time.

Seeing as no one is around, I took my time and found a very old book that probably hasn't been read since the queen was made.

As I opened the book, I saw that it was a journal, not a actual book. The signature in the front was too faded to read and it was in cursive so I couldn't read it very well anyways. I took the journal up to my room and started reading it.

A/N Guys, do you think the story is going to fast? Or is confusing? Please tell me. Also tell me if there are mistakes because I don't go back and edit often. Oh an if there's a character idea or a scene/chapter idea you have, message me or comment! I know I will be able to put them all in somewhere if they go with the story!:) Oh and thank you for the 300+ reads! I know most people freak when they have over a thousand but I'm not that big (or good) and it just makes my day when I see them. :) Thanks.

Vote, Comment, Share.

-BittersweetAndTender