Chapter 25: She's Alive

"Can I..?" Madlynn asked me, wondering if she could come over toward me.

"Can you walk yourself?" I asked. She nodded and walked over to me almost falling toward the end.

"Let's not tell Savanah about that." She joked.

"You okay?" I asked steadying her and wrapping my arm back around her where it had been all day.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sur-"

"Brains...." A voice said. One that I hadn't heard in a long while.

"Zenan..?" Madlynn looked up at me, afraid. I laughed.

"Lucas I was afraid I wouldn't see you again." I said going up to the glass separating us.

"Zenan, he's infected... Right?"

"When we were little we told each other if one of us got Banished and survived we would say 'Brains' if we were in quarantine. So we would know the other was alright." Lucas told her. She looked stunned but still wary and got a little closer to me. "I'm Lucas, Zenan's little brother by the way."

"I'm Madlynn."

"You picked a good girl, Z." Lucas nodded. "Too bad things didn't work out between you and Rhiann."

"We're not-"

"Rhiann died that night, Lucas." I said cutting Madlynn off.

"No she didn't. I saw her today." Lucas told me. I knew my brother and he'd never lie to me but she dad to be dead. She had to.

A/N Sorry if its short but I'm tired but I wanted to write a chapter since there hasn't been one for a while. Hopefully I can write more now! Well have a good weekend Wattpad!!

-BittersweetAndTender