Chapter 4: Poison

Chapter 4: Poison
[Edited]

"Are you feeling okay? Not sick to your stomach or anything?"Savanah asked me concerned. She sounded worried.

"No.. Why?" I was confused. Why would I not feel good?

"That arrow that hit you? It was poisoned. If it had hit either me or Zenan, it would have killed us almost instantly. Since your human, we don't know how it will affect you." Savanah explained.

"I feel heavy, if that helps anything." I told her still a little confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked puzzled.

"Like my arms and legs and stuff are weighted down." I told her. She looked at me wide-eyed.

"Raise your arm sweetie." She told me, gesturing to my left one. I nodded and raised it about a foot before it was too heavy to raise higher. She looked almost petrified with fear now.

"The right one?" She asked and I have her the same results.

"Zenan?" Savanah called through the house to wherever he was. Her voice quivered and I knew something had to be up.

"Hmm?" He said lazily from the other side of the house.

"Come here. I need you to help me with something." Savanah called urgently.

"Whatcha need?" He asked sticking his head into the doorway.

"Help her stand up. I want to see if she can walk normally. I need you to be there for a support in case she cant. I don't think I'm not strong enough to do it myself." Savanah ordered.

"Okay." He shrugged coming over to me and sitting me up before standing me up, wrapping his arm securely around my waist.

"Now walk."

I began moving toward Savanah, parallel to the bed, but my feet were heavy and I stumbled, gravity taking over. Zenan caught me, looking confused, before setting me carefuly back down onto the bed.

"What's wrong with her?" Zenan asked begining to look just as scared as Savanah was.

"It's beginning to paralyze her. It's starting on her movement and it may even end up shutting down the rest of her body, including her organs." She observed.

"What?" I choked out, trying to hold on tears. Was I going to be paralyzed?

"It's okay.." Zenan said, brushing a stray tear off my cheek before grasping my hand and squeezing it. I say in that position for a while, still a little in shock from the news, then I began to fall asleep leaning against Zenan's strong frame.

~*~*~

"It might not help. She might not make it anyways since its not strong enough." I argued. The human, still nameless, had curled up against me and fallen asleep. I needed to know if she felt the electricity when we touched. I never had touched a human girl and had limited contact with a male, so I didn't know if it was normal but I could sense it wasn't.

"It's the only way to save her. I can't make an effective potion in the amount of time that we have and I can't send for Veronika. She wouldn't make it in time."

"What if you heal her and when she wakes up again, she starts fading faster? I don't think it's worth it." I argued though she was probably right.

Savanah was a Fae, like her sister Veronika who had practice on mortals, and had slight healing powers that came with the price of the patients memories. But that wasn't what I was worried about. The few hours she had been conscious hadn't been good so it could benefit her to not remember, but I didn't want to loose our connection if she could feel it and it wasn't just my imagination.

"Would you rather her die without a chance or try and possibly save her?" Savanah snapped, taking the human's pulse again. Well, when she puts it like that she makes me sound bad. But I couldn't tell her about the sensation I feel because she will nag me about the incident and I didn't want to visit those memories any time soon.

"Never mind. I get your point. But you have to let her agree before you try it." I wanted her to know she didn't have to do it. Just in case she didn't make it. Savanah gave me a slight nod before leaving the room, probably to prepare ingredients for the potion.