Chapter 6

The Elephant Safari Park is definitely one of my favorite places among all that I have visited. And I'm not lying.

Watching the elephants made my heart swell in amazement. Nakakatuwa silang panoorin dahil ang lalaki nila pero napaka-amo nilang tingnan.

"The guide asked if we want to start with the trek now," bulong ni Yvo nang bigla siyang tumabi sa akin.

I looked at him and smiled. I handed him the camera and asked him to take a picture of me with the cute elephants as my background. Ilang shots rin ang kinuha niya para sa akin. I did the same to him because he seemed to be fond of the elephants, too.

"Let's go?" tanong niya sa akin pagkatapos naming magpicture.

Tumango ako at sumunod na sa kanya.

Several elephants are lined up and the tourists got on them one-by-one. Pumila kami ni Yvo sa mahabang pilang iyon.

Nilingon niya ako.

Tumaas ang kilay ko. "What?"

He smiled and pointed at the couple who are kissing on top of the elephant. "You hate those kinds of PDA, right?" he chuckled.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He really loves to make fun of me. I believe he remembered the couple in the bar who were literally dry-humping each other.

"Nope. That's not as disgusting as the couple in the bar," sagot ko at ngumiwi sa kanya.

He chuckled and just shook his head. He didn't speak after. He just busied himself by looking at the place. I would snap photos of him from time to time and he seemed to like it.

When it was already our turn, he helped me get up the elephant. He followed suit, settling beside me.

Medyo masikip ang upuan at nagtatama ang aming mga braso kaya naman inilagay niya sa likod ko ang braso niya. May kung ano sa puso kong hindi ko maipaliwanag.

"Baka mahulog ka," bulong niya nang makitang medyo lumayo ako sa kanya.

I bit my lip. He rested his right hand on my right upper arm as he pulled me closer to him.

Nilingon ko siya at nakitang nakatitig rin siya sa akin. I felt my world stop. I have only known him for a few days and I have never seen his face this close.

Sure, I know he's really handsome. I must admit that he is more handsome than Anton. Anton's handsome because of his angelic features. He looks like the typical boy-next-door.

Yvo, on the other hand, looks ruthless and brooding. He looks dominant, like he can make you do anything he wants you to do. His rugged look makes him a little wilder.

I just noticed now how his eyes are in the darker shade of brown. Looking at him is seeing my reflection under his brooding stare.

"Don't fall," he said before looking ahead.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Parang may humawak sa puso ko nang marinig ko iyon sa kanya. I know what he is pertaining to. He doesn't want me to fall from the elephant.

I looked straight and calmed my heart while his hand stayed on my arm.

The trek started and I took pictures of the places we're passing through. I love these kinds of places—quiet and relaxing.

Many people choose to go to the beach when they wanted to relax but I don't. I would prefer going to a town where all I can see are plains and mountains.

"Ang ganda..." I couldn't hide the amusement in my voice.

The whole place is so green. I wanted to go down and roll over the grass. This is definitely destressing!