T h i r t y - S e v e n

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I can't believe this is happening" Timothée issued in between the shortage of breath as he carried a hefty bag on his back, as did the two girls that followed him, the filming equipment weighing on them as they made their way to the final destination. 

"Seriously. In all my time in Paris never did I imagine experiencing the Eiffel tower when it's empty. Manon, how did you do this"? Pauline questioned as she looked around herself intently, unable to comprehend that she got to experience the tower in solitude.

"It doesn't matter" Manon dismissed the question as she adjusted the heavy straps resting on her back, the weight of her actions subconsciously weighing on her more than the tools did, knowing that a day would come and there would be consequences "Besides, it's ours just for an hour".

"That's still impressive, what kind of connections do you have? Should I be concerned"? Pauline tilted her head teasingly.

 "Yeah, sold my soul to the devil" Manon shrugged her shoulders, knowing that although she was joking, her answer wasn't so far from reality. Timothée could tell by the way she disregarded the topic, that there was indeed more to the story, but he decided against commenting on it. Not there and then.

The way up was frustrating, as was the travel there, but to say it wasn't worth it, would be a grandiose lie. The soft wind of the fresh spring, the tease of summer, reached their features at once as they stood at the top of the notorious tower. City lights shone like the stars in the sky, telling many magnificent stories, all at once. 

Though living in Paris, Manon never visited the Eiffel tower. It just wasn't in the cards for her, and perhaps, she just wasn't ready to deal with the pain of seeing love all around her when she felt so isolated inside.

 Then again, despite all the sorrow, that pain had benefited her, for the reason she went up to film in that tower, was to show the agony, to express it in a form of a movie, to show the reality of things people oftentimes chose to ignore.

It was shocking to her how one week could feel like a minute, but also like a century. So many things happened, the pace of directing a movie coming at her at full speed. Coming up with a script so fast was difficult, not to mention getting the equipment. Thankfully, Pauline was kind enough to lend her some, and so did her college, but bringing everything together was still an unstoppable challenge.

 It felt weird how she had studied directing for years, yet as she stood atop the tower, she felt as though she had heard of the word for the first time. Sure, Manon had directed movies before, but never alone. She always had group assignments and dealing with it alone scared her, not to mention the time crunch of the single hour they had. She knew Pauline could assist her with directing, but she insisted on doing it on her own. It was a test for her, a test to see if, after everything that happened, she could create something beautiful out of the pain alone. 

So many things coursed through her mind at once, worries of the unknowns, but there was something exhilarating about the stress of it, something that made her feel so alive. 

And of course, the brunet had to help out by offering what he figured he could do best, acting. He was the only actor, and he was more than enough. It took him some convincing though because at first, Manon insisted on finding another actor. She didn't want the brunet to overwork himself after the trip to Italy, but he had insisted on it, explaining that so long as he was with the people he cared, acting would never be a task for him. So she inevitably agreed, because he was irresistible.