T h i r t y - O n e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The smoothly professional voice that all the occupants of the room had grown so accustomed to resounded across the void in which they stood. The notorious word that had signified the end of a scene echoed in their ears. Normally, it'd result in a pat on the back or a small smile, but that time, it was different. It was the end. 

Faint cheers erupted in the room, soon followed by handclaps. Appreciative smiles unfurled across their faces as they pulled each other into hugs. Some chose to bask in the sound of cheers and stay at the sidelines, some just sighed of relief that all of the hard work was over, that at last, they would be reunited with their friends, family, the scent of their hometown, or just a good night's sleep.

Light filled their hearts, soon followed by sorrow as the realization hit them. The smiles didn't fade, neither did the kind gestures, but the tension threatened to overtake them deep in their hearts. It was almost as if at some point, the joy became an act, a desperate attempt on everyone's part to admit to themselves that their time in Italy was nothing but a job. 

But they all knew it wasn't like that. The bond they had created, the memories that forever linked them together, the emotions they shared in their hearts as though they beat as one, the trust they had built like a fortress, were indescribable. No, it wasn't just a regular job, it was more than that. Sure, at first it might have seemed like one, but by the end of it, everyone had grown so attached to each other, creating something so heavenly, becoming each other's support beams at times of need. They all faced difficulties together, and happiness too, as though, for their stay in Italy, they were stuck in euphoria. Despite being far away from all they've known, whether that be family, friends, or the scent of their beloved home, it felt as though together, everything was within their reach. 

That. That was the reason she wanted to do directing in the first place. Manon wanted to bring people together, to create something memorably worthy of the human experience. She remembered her little directing shenanigans with Timothée. Of course, they could never compare to a true production, but even as a team of two, the feeling they shared together when working on a project was incredible. Despite being two children that messed around at the time, those memories seemed to be enough to convince her that it was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. After losing the boy, part of her convinced herself to follow it as a tribute to him, but as she stood in the room, with Timothée in sight, and stared at the aftermath of the last scene, she knew it wasn't because of him. For once, she knew, it was something she did for herself. 

As she pulled the brunet and the blond for a hug, the two people she had grown closest to, she closed her eyes and tightened her grip, feeling the lump in her throat grow stronger, knowing that what they experienced on set would follow her for the rest of her life, come rain or sunshine.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm gonna miss your self deprecating comments and awful humor" She felt a knuckle hit her shoulder softly, pushing her back just a bit as she smirked at the tall man that stood in front of her.

"You wish you had my humor, your old ass could never" Manon crossed her arms, looking up at Armie, his eyes sparkling with a hue of appreciation.

"On a serious note though, I'm really glad I got to meet you. You've been a great friend and you've taught me a lot. I hope we see each other again" Armie murmured, not being used to such formalities, but finding the need to be truthful before time runs out nonetheless.