Chapter 34

2 thousand reads! I love everyone who is reading this, you guys are the best. 

Zayn’s POV 

To Alanna:

12:30. The café on Kerth Street. If you’re not there and don’t try to explain I won’t hesitate to kill you next time.

That last part was definitely a lie, but what else could I say? She’d been making up all kinds of sick shit up about Adrian and I wasn’t going to stand for it any longer. I knew he was definitely hiding something and I’d told her that so she was just feeding of my insecurities about his stories.

There was no way it could be true. He’d never so much as raised his voice at me when I was a kid and he was oddly one of the gentlest people I’d ever met, towards me anyway. He couldn’t have raised a hand to a mere child; I think he had enough problems with hurting a grown man, so it simply wasn’t possible.

If you believe that then why are you going to listen to her?

A tiny, doubtful voice said in the back of my mind. I wasn’t going to actually listen to her, I was just going to see how good of a liar she was. None of her accusations were true; no I wasn’t even considering it.

She’d told us to go to the house, and we did. But the place was empty, ransacked and there was nothing there of any consequence to this. I’d tried to find files to see who the house had once belonged to but I couldn’t find anything; the trail mysteriously covered as if someone had something to hide.

It was suspicious, indeed, but Alanna could have saw that and made up her warped fantasies around the house, rather than events what actually happened to her. Nothing like that had happened to her; especially not at the hands of my uncle. If she thought I was going to simply take her word for it then she had another thing coming.

We were still at my house, but my uncle’s presence now graced us, which was something I wasn’t necessarily happy about.

 I didn’t believe Alanna. That however, did not mean that I believed my uncle either.

Frustrated, I let out a groan. Could nothing ever be simple? I just wanted to be normal for once in my goddamn life and if everyone stopped lying to me for once then maybe I would be a step closer to achieving that.

I knew there was another thing that wasn’t making this simple. I had acquired some sort of feelings towards her and I was trying hopelessly to flush them out of my system. Maybe that was the reason I was going to see her, but even then I wasn’t stupid enough to go alone. Hours ago I had slipped downstairs and told Harry, Louis and Finn about the situation as discreetly as I could.

Unsurprisingly, they agreed to go meet her. When Finn had told us that which she had claimed about Adrian they didn’t seem as shocked by the allegation as I was. They said it kind of made sense but I brushed those comments off before they could infiltrate my mind. I would never ever allow myself to believe her.

Because it simply wasn’t true.

We left the house; making a ridiculous claim to Adrian that we had to go out shopping even though there was a lot of food in the house. Louis came up with that one being the smart child that he is. Luckily for us he had seemed too busy to question our suspicious reasoning for going out. As of late he had been practically taking over the job that was meant to be mine, so he had been busy with doing all the stuff I usually do. It was almost as if he didn’t trust me.

We drove to the café in a deafening silence. Not a single word was uttered in the journey there. My palms were beginning to sweat the mere thought of seeing her, even though I knew it was stupid and reckless, but I couldn’t help my body’s reaction to this girl.