Prologue

Hey guys! This is my first story so sorry if it's rubbish.

New school. New life. New me.

I didn't want to think about the consequences leaving behind my old life would come with and tried to focus on the present. Forget about them, I told myself sternly. Forget about him. I had moved to a different town to forget my past and trust me if I would have had my way we would have been moving to a different country.

My mother had not understood my sudden dislike for London when I had told her that I wanted to move. I had pleaded and pleaded with her to make her move to a different city, but she had simply refused but had said that we could move to a different part of London.

I had managed to convince her that my sister and I had simply moved away from home two years ago and that my sister was alive and well. That was a lie. Not that my mother thought to much about it. 

Anyway, here I was in East London trying desperately hard not to think about the life I once had barely a 30 minute drive away.

Maybe they will have expected me to move further away and won't come looking for me. Maybe.

I sighed blocking out memories that were trying to break down my newly built wall in my mind and took a step through the double doors to the school. I strolled casually up to the main reception, where i had to sign in, trying to look calm even though I could feel other students eyes burning holes in my back.

"Yes Miss?" The red haired woman asked from behind the desk. She must have been in her mid-30's even though she had posters of Justin Bieber behind her desk that she obviously thought no student could see. Creep.

"My names Alanna Thompson I-,"

"Oh yes the new girl," she interrupted smiling. "Pleasure to meet you. You are joining on the last year which means that most of your classes shall be here," she said pointing to the map in her hands "So you shouldn't get lost. A teacher will assign you a student to help you find your way around the place and get to know everyone. I think that's everything." she finished smiling.

I walked over to the door and pushed it open but not before I heard her mutter,"Good luck."

Well that was never a good sign.

I went to my next class ignoring the whispers of students around me. I realized I was not paying attention to my surroundings when I collided with someone, who then fell to the floor.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," I squealed looking down at the girl who had fallen on her butt. The girl had gorgeous brown hair that fell past her shoulders in straight pieces. Her eyes were a honey colour that made my blue eyes, which usually stand out, look plain.I wasn't fat but she has the athletic type of body that made any girl self conscious. All in all this girl looked like she had came straight off a catwalk that was only for supermodels.

If she was annoyed on the inside she hid it well as she brought herself up off of the dirty school floor, wiping the back of her jeans as she did so. "Oh no worries," she waved a hand dismissively. Her eyes landed on me looking confused for a split second before recognition clouded her features. "You must be the new girl!" She squealed excitedly.

"Alanna," I corrected her a bit irritated that she hadn't asked me my name yet. I reminded my self to be nicer, after all I did knock the poor girl over.

"Alanna, nice to meet you," she said ignoring my rudeness. "I'm Doniya. Doniya Malik."

"Nice to meet you Doniya but I have to get to class." To be honest I was in my own world so much that I'm glad that I remember her name.