Chapter 15

I'd like a vote on this chapter please. 

Alanna’s POV

I told the others that I needed to go to the bathroom, which I knew wasn’t believable, and I felt Finn give me a suspicious look. Everyone else was too absorbed in their pancakes to care. Harry led the way, away from pestering eyes, grumbling all the way while I was beginning to see why Zayn and he were friends.

He stopped suddenly and I had to stop myself from running into his back. I realised we were outside and I waited for the assault of questions to start, but he seemed to be waiting for me to say something. He was pacing angrily and it put me on edge seeing Harry, who was usually calm and collected, acting like this.

“Sorry?” I offered.                                                              

This only seemed to make him angrier and I flinched back.

“Are you serious Alanna? What the hell were you thinking?!”

“I wasn’t.” I murmured quietly feeling like a child being told off by her parents.

“You could’ve been killed! Jesus Christ! You went out in the middle of the night to stare at a house?!” He yelled at me and he was coming closer to me waving his hands about uncontrollably while he was shouting.

I hesitated, but said nothing, so Harry continued. “Why?”

“Erm . . .”

“That’s not an answer Alanna.”

I looked at his face and his had softened considerably. I swallowed nervously debating whether I could get away with lying to him.

“Don’t even think about lying.” He said and I nearly face palmed. Was I that easy to read?

I sighed. “That house was my foster home.”

He looked confused. “And?”

“And I had a flashback, I guess, and I just needed to see it.”

He studied my face intently for a few seconds. “In the middle of the night?”

I glanced down at the floor, not liking the look in his eyes which said that he thought I was stupid. “Sorry.”

It was silent for a moment until Harry put a finger under my chin. “Hey. You do know if you ever want help or answers you can ask me to help. As long as it doesn’t affect the gang or anyone else I won’t ask questions, okay?”

I hugged him. “Thank you.”

He laughed. “Wow Finn was right, you really are a hugger aren’t you?”

I joined in with the laughter. “You bet.”

We stayed like that for a couple of moments and I relished in the warmth he provided. A bitchy cough broke us apart.  I turned to see Doniya stood in the doorway snickering and I groaned in annoyance.

“Oh no don’t let me interrupt.” She said in a sickly sweet voice which made me want to punch her in the face.

“What do you want Doniya?” Harry asked, his voice short.

“I was just coming outside to enjoy the view.” God, why did Kyle fuck her?

“Great.” I muttered.

“Something to say?”

I threw her sickly sweet style right back at her. “Absolutely nothing.”