Chapter 17

*Long Author's Note Below*

I love all of my readers and i appreciate all the positive feedback i get on the chapters. Can we please get this chapter to at least 300 votes?

I am so sorry but this chapter is REALLY short.

I don't know what's been up with me lately.....I feel as though i have so much to add in for this story but once i start typing, none of those ideas really flow out. I am so sorry to dissapoint you all but i might take a brief break from updating because i am not being fair to you all.

These chapters are so short and i hate it. I hate updating little short chapters. But then if i don't update, i feel bad. I feel like i'm neglecting my readers. I don't know what else to do. So i'm so sorry to do this to you all but i will have to pre-write my chapters. I will be writing chapters 18-20 but i won't update until they are complete because i don't want to have you all waiting for such a long time. I won't update next week, or the week after that, or the week after that.

An update will most likely come in the beginning of January when i get everything together. Again, I'm sorry if this killed your mood.

Dedicated to kaykay1229

Recap of Last Chapter : Matt finally comes home and he's in a grumpy mood. Jessica tries to reason with him but it ended with her leaving his room completely shocked and speechless.

Chapter 17

[ Vanessa's POV ]

I sat in the cozy seat in the far back of Icy Cone. I was getting nervous, really nervous to the point where my fingers were beginning to sweat. I didn't take my eyes off of the table. I was solemnly focusing on getting my emotions in check and preparing myself for the chat I was about to have with Don. I pushed my blond hair behind my ear and stared hard at the table. I was scared to lift my head. What if he came in and just stared at me? What if he didn't show up at all? Intensifying questions raced through my head as I waited.

My phone suddenly began to ring. I tugged in my bag to get it and looked at the screen. Once again Carlos' name showed up on the screen. My nose scrunched up just at the fact that he was trying to contact me at the moment when I was meeting with Don. Ugh, I just feel so much hatred towards him right now.

"I know I don't smell the best, but really, that's the face you give me?" Don's husky voice erupted from the corner and my head immediately snapped up to where he was standing.

He wore a uniform with a little hat on his head.

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't—"

"It's fine," he said and pulled up a seat and sat across from me. "How was your day?" I was a bit taken back at his question. I'd just expect for him to dive right in to what was relevant right now.

Hesitantly, I answered, "It was fine....." I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. He actually looked as if he was listening to me intently and his eyes never lost contact with mine. "How was your day?" I asked him.

He nodded his head, "Pretty good. But the best part of today is being here with you."

A faint blush ran to my cheeks and I quickly shook my head. "I can see you're still the same corny goofball."

He smirked and slowly ran his tongue down his bottom lip. "I prefer to be called charming," He sent a playful wink my way and my smile grew larger. I couldn't help but smile. He just had this good-humored and lighthearted vibe about him. Maybe that is what drew me to him that night at the party. Of course I had all that liquor in me, but I was still a bit aware of my surroundings. He made me laugh that night. He said all the right things.

And even now, as I stare at his nice chiseled jaw, I can't help but to think, what if? What if I had the baby? What would my life be like? I only had to question it.

*****

[ Matt's POV ]

I skipped out on lunch. I couldn't think clearly. I needed to be in my own space. Alone. But with Jessica around, the word alone had no meaning. After kicking her out my room, I unpacked and looked over how much I'd made. It wasn't as much as I used to get when I worked for Rick.

But It was enough to get a phone and pay the monthly bill. I wouldn't consider myself to be a drug dealer. I just consider myself as the delivery boy. I've never shot anyone, I've never got too high, and I've never actually packed up the drugs to have them sent out. I just got the powder from my boss and Crash and I did the delivery work.

Last night was a tough night. I delivered to Tiffany. The crazy bitch that Crash use to screw in the past. Not only did she scratch my bottom lip, she threw a vase at me. That's the cause of the gauze on my arm. When she threw it, my first instinct was to cover my face so I used my arm as a shield.

The vase broke on my arm and a few pieces were stuck in my skin. I left her house in a rush and Crash took me to his friend that stitched me up and took care of my bruise.

I didn't even want to come here this morning. Because I knew that I'd be bombarded with questions. Now here I was in bed, throwing a rubber ball to the ceiling while nosey Nancy stood at my door, blabbering away.

"So, do you wanna talk now?" She asked, batting her eyelashes together while soothing Jamie. I ignored her and continued throwing the rubber ball up to the ceiling.

"You know eventually, you'll have to talk to someone, either it be a therapist, me, my mom, oh and if she thinks you have a mental disorder, she might even call up a psychiatrist." She blabbered. I simply ignored. Eventually she'd realize that I didn't want to talk and she'd leave me alone. Let's just hope I'm right.

[ Jessica's POV ]

"You know you're really good at this." I said, chewing on the baby carrot that Jamie extended out to me. After I left Matt's room, I decided to let him calm down for a bit. Hopefully he'd be ready to talk eventually. He needed to talk, or else, I knew my mom would just have someone come to the house to mess with him every day about his feelings and thoughts. So why have her go through all that trouble when she has the most annoying daughter in the world that can easily get him to talk?

He dug into the bag of bread and pulled out two slices. "Good at what?"

"Ignoring people." I said. He shrugged his shoulders and laid his two slices on a napkin and threw the bag of bread to the side. He walked around the counter and pulled out the jam and peanut butter.

"I would talk to you but you're to annoying for my taste."

"So? And you're mean and a Debby downer but I still wanna talk to you."

"I'm not mean and i'm not a Debby downer." He replied shortly after digging a butter knife into the PB and J and spreading it evenly on each slice of bread. "You just simply annoy the hell out of me."

I smirked and said, "Well maybe if you broke down your hard bad boy exterior we wouldn't have this problem." I told him. "Look, I'm not trying to barge into your life and disrupt your peace. I just wanna talk. I mean, there's a possibility that you'll be here longer than for just the summer and what good would it do if we just kept ignoring each other and disliking one another?"

"I never said i disliked you."

"You never said you liked me either." I replied back.

For a moment, he was silent and i could tell he was thinking. I don't know what he was thinking about but whatever it is, it sure did benefit me.

"Fine. You wanna talk? Let's talk." He turned away from the counter and faced me with a serious expression. "What would you like to know first?"