Fast, Furious, and... On the Run? [Chapter 12]

12.

"How long?!" Surely it could not have seriously been that long. But then something started to push at the back of my mind. Something...about my grandma? That makes no sense...

"Two months. You got shot in the subclavian artery." Dean started to explain.

"The what?" I just gave him a weird look.

"The doctor said it carries blood over the top of the lung and into the arm, or something. And as blood had poured out of the severed artery, filling the space between the lung and the thoracic cage, it made you unable to breathe. If you were a full grown adult, you surely would have died. But the body of a younger person is different from that of an adult. A young person's artery will automatically shut itself down if cut, doctors can't explain how or why, and this will limit the amount of blood lost." He spoke matter of factly.

"Well someone's been paying attention." I gave him a half smile.

"Yeah, I need something to do while it's my turn to watch over you."

"What over me?" What was he talking about?

"Yeah, we all take turns watching you. Me, your dad and Steve. Your dad and Steve were the hardest people to get to leave to alone so they could go eat and sleep."

"Where are they now?" No matter how long it felt like I was out, I still wanted to see them. Had they fully recovered?

"My guess is sleeping. It's two in the morning. I should probably call them though before they bite my head off." He chuckled a little, before reaching over me.

Confused I backed away from his touch, which was pretty hard considering I was in a bed, while I gave him a confused look.

When he pulled back he showed me the phone he had in his hand. It was one of those old ones, with the cord, that hospitals always had. "No cellphones."

"Oh." I felt kind of dumb now. Thinking he was doing something else. What is wrong with me? I shook my head.

As he called both my dad and Steve, I started to nod off. You would think after sleeping for two months I would be wide awake. But apparently it does not work that way.

I was vaguely aware of him leaning over me to put the phone back in its cradle, and how as he pulled back his hand seemed to linger around my face. Also, how his lips pressed against my forehead and he quietly said, "I'm glad you're alright."

Then everything blacked out as I fell into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was awoken to the feeling of people surrounding me.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my dad, Steve, and Dean all watching me sleep. "Can you say creepers?" I managed to choke out. Just then I noticed, my throat felt dry and scratchy. What I would do for a glass of ice cold water.

Almost like he had read my mind, my dad produced I cup of water and handed it to me. I gave him a grateful smile as I chugged it down. Drinking the water was like one of those things that feels so good, but hurts so much.

It irritated my dry thought, but at the same time it made it feel better.

I attempted to place the empty cup on the stand next to my bed, but I couldn't twist without causing too much pain. I couldn't even move my injured arm without searing pain shooting through my body.

Steve quickly noticed and grabbed the cup out of my hand, placing it on the stand for me. "Thanks." I said quietly. It felt weird to break the silence, but it was kind of creepy to have everyone watching me without making a noise.

Finally he responded, "No problem."

Before I had time to react, everyone had moved in and engulfed me into a hug - being careful of my injuries of course - and started telling me how worried they were about me. It felt amazing to have such wonderful people that loved me so much.

I just smiled and laughing at them. It was silly of them to worry, of course I was going to be okay. How could they have doubted me.

************************************

it's a little shorter then usual, but i feel like its coming to an end soon. i dunno, ill have to see if i can think up any more things that will happen ;P

dont forget, vote/comment/fan :DDD