Fast, Furious and... On the Run? [Chapter 6]

[Fast, Furious, and... On the Run?]

Chapter 6

I sped down the roads, just wanting to get to my last stop so I could get out of here. I felt bad leaving the two people that meant the world to me here by themselves, but I had no other choice. Man, I should have gotten Dean to keep me updated on their conditions. I shook my head. Now was not the time to be thinking about these things.

I just needed to go see Mike, see what he knew and then I was out here. Then hopefully everyone would be safe and better off. [A/N: Mike was from the first chapter, he organizes the races and such.] Before I had time to register it, my car was pulling up outside his house.

I was one of the few that actually knew where he lived because he did not want the wrong people just randomly showing up, if you know what I mean. But anyways, like I had been doing all today, I quickly moved to get out of my car. Making sure it was locked; I took off for his door.

Mike's house was definitely nice. In this business, especially being as popular as he was, you make a lot of money. I thought I had a lot, but Mike could probably buy everything in Miami if he really wanted to...

Anyways, I located the doorbell and rang it. I could faintly here some sounds of annoyance, and an angry looking Mike opened the door in his boxers, "What?!" He snapped. But then all of a sudden, he must have realized who it was because his eyes softened and he apologized, "Sorry Baja. I'm just kind of busy." shrugged looking slightly embarrassed.

"No problem," I tried to force out a smile, "I just have a quick question."

He seemed to think about it for a second, before responding, "What can I help you with darling?" Mike was in a way that big brother that you never wanted. He could be loving when he was in the mood, but most of the time he was just a big ass and jerk. 

"I was wondering if you know anyone who might have it out for me. I mean, I know that there are probably a lot of people who would want me out of my 'rank'. But do you know anyone who might actually act on it? And target Steve and my dad?" I spoke quickly, especially over the part where I mentioned Steve and my dad.

"What happened?" Mike asked confused, "You look like shit...at first I figured you and your dad were just at it again..." He sighed, "Come in." He opened the door further, so I could step through. "Just stay here a second." He said before disappearing in some other room.

From my spot I heard a bunch of commotion and some girl voices. Well now I feel really awkward... I chuckled a little. A few minutes later he came back, more properly dressed in baggy jeans and a half buttoned up shirt. "We can talk in the living room." He pointed with his head to another room while he finished buttoning up his shirt.

When I say that his house wasn't the neatest, it was an understatement. I managed to find a path to the couch and pushed some clothes off one of the cushions with my foot. "You should really look into cleaning this, or at least getting a maid." I said disgusted.

"And ruin my man cave?" He scoffed.

"Can't you have a man cave without it being disgusting. Never mind, I don't want to know the answer to that."

"Stop making fun of Shirley, I thought we were here to talk about you, not her. So what exactly happened?"

I gave mike a confused look, "Who's Shirley."

He just sighed, "My house retard. Now fill me in on the details girl."

I took a deep breath, "Long story short, I was shot at my car was destroyed, I was told I have to leave town, there were pictures of Steve and my dad and they were crossed out with red marker. I found Steve stuck under one of the cars in the garage and he was taken to the hospital. Dad was fine and I was talking to him, but then he was shot from outside the apartment window, and he was taken to the hospital. And now I have to get out of town, but I want to know who did this." I was fuming by the time I finished telling him everything. I just couldn't understand who would do something like this.

Mike had wide eyes, "Steve? Really? How is he? Is he going to get better?" I swear that they had a man crushes on each other.

"He's fine. He'll recover. But you need to tell me who did this!" I clenched my fists.

"Alright, alright. I can't think of anyone who would go that far off the top of my head. I'll snoop around; see what I can find out. As soon as I find something, I'll call." He looked almost as pissed as me at this point. I nodded,

"Thank you so much." I got up from the couch and headed for the door with him in tow.

Just as I was about to leave, he, unexpectedly, pulled me into a hug and said, "Be careful. Don't make me have to go hunt some fucker down and bust a cap in his ass."

I smiled, that was so like Mike, "Thanks Mike, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You would be a hopeless mess without me." He ruffled my hair, "But you need to get going now, I have some business that I need to finish up." He winked.

"Gross." I faked gagged.

"You're just jealous." He sang with a smirk before shutting the door.

I smiled a little as I headed towards my car, Mike could always brighten my day. And apparently it could be as bad as it was today for it to work. I seriously don't know what I would do without him.

I slid into the driver's seat and put the car in reverse. Now that was over, I just needed to figure out where I was going to go.

How was I going to survive being on the run? The fast and the furious part about me, I have no issues with... But being fast, furious, and on the run? How was I going to manage that?

******************************************

Okay, don't get mad at me, I know its not that long, and it should be because its been forever since my last upload D: butttttttttttttttttt.....i actually don't know what the but is. Just don't be to mad :D I promise the next upload wont be as long as a wait though. No more end of the quarter tests and projects D: so more free time which = more writing time :D lol

So yeah, you guys know the drill :D