Fast, Furious, and... On the Run? [Chapter 5]

Fast, Furious, and… On the Run?

[Chapter  5]

I bent down, looking under my bed for a duffle bag. I swear I have one somewhere in here. Maybe I should have taken my dad’s advice and actually cleaned my room up once in a while…

“Gah, where could it be? I mean, my room isn’t that big.” I felt like banging my head against a wall.

“How about your closet?” Dean asked. He was leaning against a wall with an amused look on his face.

“Why would it be in there?” I gave him a confused look. When he didn’t reply with anything but raising his eyebrows, I decided to amuse him and headed towards my closet.

After a little bit of digging around I could see the familiar lime green fabric, “Hey! I think I found it!” I yelled as I moved a pile of clothes off the top of it.

“Told ya.” Dean simply said.

“Shut up!” I yelled back as I started throwing clothes into the bag blindly. As long as where I am going has a washing machine and some stores it does not really matter.

I ran around my room grabbing things I would need. Once I was satisfied, I bent down and grabbed the shoe box from under my bed. Making sure to use my body to block Dean’s view of the contents, I dumped all my money into the duffle bag.

Once I had moved some clothes on top of the money, I zipped the bag shut and slung it over my shoulder. “Alright. Well thanks for your help I guess.” I looked at Dean and gave him a small smile.

“What do you mean? You do know I’m coming with you right?”

“Uh, no. You’re not. My car, my rules. I’m not driving you anywhere.” I gave him a hard look. “I just h have a few more things to grab, so you can let yourself out.” I motioned towards the front door with my head.

I did not wait to make sure if he left. Instead I headed towards the kitchen. After a bit of looking around I found a box of snack bars and threw those into one of the side pockets of the bag. It took a bit, but finally I managed to zip the pocket closed.

Before I left I needed one more thing.

I made my way into my dad’s bedroom and threw my bag onto his bead. He probably would not be too pleased to find out I am taking something from his closet, but I felt like I needed it. I opened his closet doors and felt around for a cold metal box.

I felt it brush across my fingers. Quickly, I grabbed the box and pulled it down off the top shelf. Without a second thought, I opened the box and took the gun out, along with the bullets. I made sure it was fully loaded before throwing the rest of the bullets into the last empty pocket in my bag, with the gun following after it.

“Is that a gun?” A shocked voice asked.

Startled, I jumped and pointed the gun in the direction of the door. It took a second, but I realized it was Dean. “Holy shit Dean. I almost just shot you. You don’t sneak up on people when they have guns in their hands.” I paused to take a breath, seeing as he scared it all out of me. “I thought I told you to leave anyways.”

“Yeah, well I told you I’m coming with you.”

I sighed and rubbed my temples. I was really starting to get a headache. “And I told you, you’re not.” I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed out, closing my dad’s door behind me.

As I walked through the rest of the apartment, I took in everything. This was my home, what if I never got to see it again? Do not cry. I told myself all the while.

Once I was at the main door I gave Dean another glare, “Out.”

Sticking his hands up in the air in mock fear, he stepped out into the hallway of the building.

I closed the door behind me and double checked to make sure it was lock. Satisfied, I ignored Dean who had not left yet and made my way down the stairs and out the door.

As I was about to unlock my car, I thought twice and kept it locked. No way was I going to give him a chance to get in my car. Instead, I walked around to the driver’s side and stuck the key into the key hole. Trying to think of the last time I unlocked a car this way, I pulled it open.

Quickly I threw my bag into the front passenger seat, and sat down, pulling the door closed just as quickly behind me. I let out a breath. Dean had not tried to come again, so I was home free.

But there is that saying about being careful not to jinx things –or something like that – for a reason. I looked up as I pushed the key into the ignition only to see Dean standing casually in front of my car.

I felt like screaming. Doesn’t he know when enough is enough? I have to leave fast. What happened to Steve and my dad was all my fault and I did not want to stick around to cause them any more pain.

A thought hit me as I was sitting there. I could back out. Duh. I looked behind me to see the way clear. A quick and easy shot out of the parking lot.

Before Dean could figure out what I was doing, I threw the car into reverse and backed out of my parking spot. As I hit the road, I gave one last glance to Dean. He was standing right where I left him, watching me leave.

Okay, yeah, I did feel pretty bad about it, but there is no way that I am letting him come with me. Next thing I know, he will probably end up just like Steve or my dad. I cannot let that happen to anyone else.

I shook my head trying to clear it. Only one last stop and I can get out of this city of hell.

***************************************

Sorry it’s kind of a filler chapter, I wanted to right more, but im running out of time. Soooo hopefully the next chapter will be later this week, either Wednesday or Friday.

Don’t forget to vote/comment guys :D