Fast, Furious, and... On the Run? [Chapter 1]

[Chapter One]

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I rolled over, grabbing my phone before it could wake my dad. "What's up." My voice came out groggy.

"Did I wake you?" A male voice came through the other end.

"Kinda. The rentals got me on lockdown. What can I do for you Mike?" I asked recognizing the voice on the other end.

"Well there's a few guys down here that wanna race The Scorpion. And what did I tell you my nickname was?" I could almost hear him rolling his eyes.

"Sorry G-Dog." I chuckled. "Alright, pinks or cash?" I asked as I threw my covers off of me.

"Cash." Mike replied with a single word.

"Iight, be there in ten. Gotta get my baby from Steve's." I said before clicking my phone off and placing it back on my night stand.

I quietly made my way to my closet, to the secret clothes I hid behind the others. Once I had a leather mini skirt and small red tank top on, I ran a brush through my hair and was ready to go.

I wasn't one to brag, but I knew I looked good. I didn't have one of those anorexiclu skinny bodies, but I wasn't fat. I was curvy in all the right places. I also had blonde hair that had a slight curl to it. A strong chin, bright blue eyes, and full lips were also included.

I almost forgot, but grabbed a wad of cash from the shoe box that was near my secret clothes.

After that and my phone were secure in my pocket, I slipped on a pair of DCs and slid my window open.

Now, my room isn't anything fancy. Normal size, on the third floor of our apartment. No built in bathroom, walk in closet, or anything fancy like that. Just plain red walls, a desk in one corner with my laptop on top, a dresser against one wall, and a full length mirror on the back of my door. And of course you can't forget my bed. Four poster, with black sheet, and more pillows then a pillow store.

After a quick check of my surroundings, I grabbed my keys off the hook by the window, and slipped out, making sure the window shut quietly behind me.

If my dad caught me I was screwed.

I stood on the overhang for only a second before jumping diagonal, to a roof of a one floor deli next door. Once I was sure my feet were secure, grabbed the pull down ladder, and slid to the ground.

Bending my knees I braced myself for the impact. I had been doing this for almost six months, and I was positive I could to it blindfolded with my hands tied in front of me.

I'd say behind me, but I kind of need them to slid down the ladder, duh.

I took off running, and a block and a half later, I could see my best friend, Steve's, apartment.

Next to his apartment, he had a nice garage that he owned. He was a fancy mechanic, which always came in handy. Saved some bucks when my car broke down or I needed some tools.

As soon as I was close enough, I pulled out my phone and hit speed dial number two. It rang five times before I heard a muffled "Yo."

"Steve, it's me." I said not bothering with my name.

"Good evening to you to Baja. Race tonight?" He asked, and I could tell that he was slowly waking up.

"Yeah, so get your ass down here. I need in the garage." I was now standing in front of the side entrance.

"Jeez, such a needy girl. Be down in a minute." He said before the line went dead.

I just smiled and put my phone away.