History Repeating

Laura's POV

The past few weeks were quiet, there was no more news about animal attacks because the vampire that killed all those people were caught. But it wasn't the right vampire. Stefan was distant from us and Elena's been upset ever since his birthday. They haven't talked since then. I was glad Stefan didn't kill Damon but he still doesn't forgive his brother for what he's done to Lexi.

Elena and I were walking to school from the parking lot with Caroline and she's refusing to talk to Bonnie for some reason. "Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked.

"No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move." Caroline said holding a useless grudge against her. "Be the bigger person Care." I said and she scoffed.

"Impossible in her presence." She said.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Elena asked.

"She's a thief that's why. I gave her my necklace and she refuses to give it back." Caroline complained. So this was another childish tantrum Caroline was throwing. "It's not called stealing if you gave it to her." I reasoned and she gave me the 'I'm standing my ground' look, I held up both my hands in surrender.

"Alright, well I tried. I'm officially out of it." Elena said giving up without event lifting a finger.

"Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline asked. "He's avoiding me. Well, us." Elena said pointing to me as well, I can understand why.

The bell went off and the three of us head to our history class without Tanner for the first time. Apparently, there's a new teacher replacing him. I just hope he's not a jerk like Tanner was.

Elena and I separate to our own seats when Bonnie came rushing in. She was white as a sheet like she saw a ghost or something. I stare at her concerned but got distracted when our new teacher walked in after her.

He looks cute.

He started writing his name on the board. Alaric Saltzman. That's an odd name.

"Alaric Saltzman." He said and turned to us. "It's a mouthful I know. Doesn't actually roll off the tongue." I smiled with intrigue.

"Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston." He start to explain his origin.

"Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce "Alaric" but it's "Alaric", okay?" He said clearly stating how he wants his name to be pronounced.

"But you can call me Ric. I'm your new History teacher." He said finishing off with his introduction.

~ ~ ~

Class was over and Elena and I were sitting outside on the bench talking to Bonnie about her dreams that made her pale this morning. "And then I ended up with the remains of the old Fell's church before I woke up back in the woods." She explained getting scared remembering it.

"And you always see your ancestor Emily?" Elena asked and she nodded in scarce. "Do you believe in ghosts?" Bonnie asked us.

"Oh please, don't talk about ghosts. That's one thing I'm scared of." I told her. Just saying ghost are unpleasant, they creep me out.

"Two weeks ago, we'd say no but now..." Elena was talking but Bonnie interrupted her. "I think I'm being haunted." She said.

I frowned at her. "I don't get it. Why Emily?" I asked.

"Grams said she was a powerful witch back in the Civil War days and this medallion was hers. It's a witch's talisman." Bonnie showed us the gem around her neck. "And it all started when you got the necklace?" I asked and Bonnie nodded. "I think she's using it to communicate with me." She said.