Chapter 23: Wings! Sting! Hit! [Part 1]

"Come on! Faster! Pivot your pede! Harder!" Mantis scolded as Bee roundhouse kicked the makeshift target dummy they made.

"Why....do....I....have....to....do....this...again...and....again?!" Bee asked, getting both tired and exasperated from doing the same move over and over again.

Mantis walked over and pressed a digit against his helm firmly. "To make sure it stays in your circuits." She said. "Absorbing information and actually doing it are two different things." She emphasized this by drilling her digit against his helm.

"Ok, ok, I get it." He said batting her digit away.

".....how bout we stop here for today?" she asked.

"Fine by me." Bee said, finally allowing his joints to rest. "Man, you're savage sometimes." He panted.

"Well I ain't here to spoon feed you." Mantis said. "Trust me, this is nothing compared to what brother and I once did."

"And that is?"

Mantis smiled a bit as the memory came back. "We once had to 'tag' each other too. Except with blindfolds on."

"What?!" Bee asked, shocked. "You have to do it without  your optics?!" It was hard already with his optics, he didn't want to think what it was like without them.

Her optics were distant as she felt herself reliving those solar cycles almost. Her body even seemed to ache slightly in the areas where she fell or hit against something.

"I almost pulled brother's faceplate off." She said with a chuckle.

Bee snickered. "Bet he wasn't too happy bout that."

"No kidding. Then again he did almost rip my dreads off." She subconsciously twirled one of said dreads as she recalled that detail. "So I guess we were even."

"Speaking of games, wanna try that new one Sari got for us?" Bee suggested.

Mantis perked up. "Sure."

"Yes!" Bee cheered. Unlike Prowl, Mantis enjoyed playing video games, they were intriguing and really fun. It didn't take long for her to become a bit of a gamer like Bee, much to Prowl's chagrin though he didn't try to stop her.

Bee plugged the game in and sat down. "Come on let's- hey, what are you doing?" he asked as he noticed Mantis suddenly kneeling down on the floor.

"Look, a snail." Mantis said, pointing at a snail slowly making its way across the floor.

"Uh-huh, big whoop, come on let's play!" Bee said. But Mantis was too engrossed in observing the organic specimen.

"Its shell's patterns are so earthy and fascinating....." she said, poking at it gently, causing it to hide in its shell. "Aw, it hid. It's kinda cute." She cooed.

Bee groaned. Great. She was always a mix of Prowl and well......fun. And now?

She was like Prowl.

"The game isn't going anywhere you know." Mantis said as she began to sketch the snail. Great, now she's gonna take even longer.

"And neither is the snail." Bee pointed out.

"Not everything is as fast as you, Bee." She said. "And we should appreciate slowness sometimes."

"Why?" he asked.