Chapter 7: Unidentified Visitor........Is It?

Prowl closed his optics and hummed without knowing he was as he meditated under a beautiful prospering energon tree. He was in a meadow with luminescent energon crystals scattered everywhere. Some were purple, some were blue while some were pink, each casting a gentle glow of their own specialized colors giving the meadow a serene aura.

The sky was beautiful and perfect with Cybertron's two moons shining brightly as though they were two bright sentient guardians watching over the place as stars twinkled in and out of existence.

He knew he wasn't alone of course, there was someone else there, someone he knew all too well. But he pretended not to notice and continued to meditate. He'd let her think she's won but in the end, he'll have the last laugh.

Surely enough, he heard the slightest disturbance among the peace. It was Mantis for certain; no one else could come this far in sneaking up on him with such grace no less.

He waited.....and waited....and.....

Now!

He abruptly turned around surprising her and hoisted her up. She yelped in surprise.

"Got you!" Prowl said triumphantly. "Thought you were the hunter and I was the prey, didn't you?" he said with a smug smirk as he held the sparkling out in front of him, his servos easily wrapping around the small femme's midriff and lifting her as though she weighed no more than a feather.

"No!" Mantis said and crossed her servos and looked away. ".....Maybe." she admitted.

"Well the roles have switched it seems and as the hunter." He brought her closer to his faceplate. "I'll have to eat you." He said with a playful smirk.

"Om nom nom nom!" he said as he nuzzled her faceplate and began to mess up her dreads playfully. Mantis squawked and laughed as he tickled the various chinks in her plating. Prowl kept making fake growls and animal-like noises as he proceeded to 'gobble' her up.

"Hahahaha! Stop it, brother! It...hahaha! Tickles!" she said.

"Make me." Prowl said as he continued to tickle her.

"Gladly." Mantis said before her servo lashed out and made its way under the chink in his chassis where she began to promptly tickle sending himself into a fit of laughter at the giddiness in his body.

Soon they both tumbled onto the ground in a tangle of limbs. They looked at each other then burst out laughing good-naturedly.

"I win." Prowl said as he sat up and put Mantis on his lap.

"But I managed to get behind you." She protested.

"But you didn't exactly sneak up on me did you?" he pointed back.

"Fine, I'll let you have the last laugh this time." Mantis said. Then a comfortable silence fell over them. Prowl didn't even bother to try to meditate again and simply placed his chin on top of Mantis's helm as they both gazed up at the starry sky, content with the way things were already.

"They look so pretty." Mantis breathed in awe. "How many stars do you think exist?"

Prowl shrugged. "Billions....countless as far as I'm concerned, no one knows." He said.

"Shifu says that our loved ones are like stars. Not always seen but always there." Mantis said.

"I think he's not too far off this time." Prowl said.