Chapter 36: Megatron Rising; Part Two

The null ray's muzzle glowed a bright purple, charged up and ready to fire a shot that will no doubt pierce through plating and circuits until it shot straight through their processors, ending them.

"Kya!" Mantis yelled and kicked her pede up, knocking the null ray upwards and knocking the shot astray. The blast hit the roof, causing some debris to fall down on them.

"Whoa!" Bee yelped as he rolled out of the way of a big chunk of debris.

"You insolent little-" he was cut off by an explosive disk exploding in front of his faceplate, briefly disorientating him.

"Yeah yeah. Heard it all before." Mantis said.

Bumblebee activated his stingers and shot them at Starscream. While they had little to no effect on the larger Decepticon, it kept him distracted.

"Hold him off, Bee!" Mantis said as she ran over to where Megatron's head was.

"Where're you going?!" Bee asked.

"To unplug him!" Mantis said as she reached up and grabbed one of the cables. She began to pull and it popped out. Then she reached up and pulled out another.

'Maybe if I pull out enough, it'll send him into stasis or offline him.' The last part sent a pang through her conscience but she'll deal with it later after the warlord is checked off her problem list.

"Don't touch me you miserable brat." Megatron scoffed at her. A surge of red electricity traveled through one of the cables connected to him and into an automated claw nearby.

Just as Mantis pulled another cable out, she felt something slam into her and pin her down on the floor.

"Agh!" she squirmed and tried to free herself from the grip of the claw. "Let me go, you sonnava- SCRAP!" she didn't get to finish as the claw hauled her up and threw her out the hole.

Bee dodged another one of Starscream's blasts and turned just in time to see Mantis get thrown out.

"Mantis!" he cried.

Big mistake. He took his optics off Starscream and that gave the seeker a huge opening to hit him with a direct blast.

"Ow....." he groaned.

Then Starscream grabbed his chin and hauled him up.

"You interrupted my SPEEEEECH!" Starscream yelled at him.

"Sorry I'm not sorry." Bee slurred through the pain.

Outside, Mantis managed to right herself up and activated her jetpack, the mod once again saving her skid plates. She flew up as fast as she could and landed in time to see Starscream holding a defeated Bee.