Chapter 12: Mantis's Life Story ~1~

Vorns ago......

The five senses- sight, smell, touch, taste and hear. It's a true mystery on how the absence of one of those senses can suddenly enhance the others.

Mantis learned that firsthand.....and was learning it again now as she stood there with a blindfold over her optics, effectively blinding her.

Her audio receptors were tuned as sharp as possible, trying to pick up any sound that might alert her to an attack. Her vents and intakes sounded like roaring winds of a spinning fan-blade, even the vaguest sound- were they really there or was she just imagining them?- made her tense up in preparation.

The sound of familiar pede-steps sprinting towards her answered her question.

"Five Servos of Doom." Yoketron said and executed said technique before he even finished uttering its name.

Mantis flipped back, dodging the attack and retaliated with sweeping kick that Yoketron jumped up to dodge with ease.

She brought her pede up in a Mueiyaku technique she had practiced time and time again. The Metalli Kiro Nega. (Inspired from an actual capoeira move called the Martelo de Negativa.)

Yoketron blocked the kick and she flipped back to gain some distance. She got back to her pedes and sprinted forward.

'Hit hard and fast and where it hurts.' She reminded herself. She knew that due to her more....petite frame and...vertically challenged size, she wasn't suited for head on combats yet. So her best option was hit and run tactics.

She performed a jumping sidekick that was dodged before unleashing a combination of Circuit-Su and Crystalocution techniques. Though she was nowhere near fully mastering it, she does know a few techniques that have the desired effects.

All of her attacks were easily dodged or deflected.

"Focus, little jade. Do not let yourself drown in the rush of events." Yoketron advised. He knew all too well how the adrenaline of a fight could lead to mistakes- mistakes that could lead to casualties in an actual battle.

A shift in the air alerted her to a punch headed her way and she ducked under it before rolling between his pedes. She was barely back on her pedes before another barrage of attacks were sent her way.

She jumped onto Yoketron's shoulders before using him as a springboard to reach the blue sphere chandelier like decoration hung on the roof.

That only gave her a few clicks of respite before Yoketron had jumped up after her, forcing Mantis to jump back to the ground. She rolled to reduce the impact.

Planting her servos on the floor, she released a spinning bird kick that forced Yoketron on the defensive before the experienced martial artist caught her pede. But she used that as a foundation to kick herself free and once again backflip away.

She crouched in a sprinting position before launching herself off towards him once again. Yoketron lashed his servo out in an attack but this time, Mantis had a strategy.

She performed a hook kick with one pede, using it to knock Yoketron's servo away and followed up with her other pede in a roundhouse kick.

The kick stopped barely a quarter inch away from his midriff at the last minute.

His mouth twitched upwards into a proud smile. Mantis quickly somersaulted back in case he tried to pull any surprise last minute attacks.