14: Secrets Exposed

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I was curious to know more about Ari, but held back on questioning him. They can wait, but impatience hasn't ever been on my side. I'm dying to know how his cousin ruined their family relationship. It's not any of my business, but since Ari brought it up, I'm hoping he'd 'spill the beans' soon.

***************

Memories lingered in my mind soon as the meeting ended.

I was kidnapped by Ari's cousin and his acquaintances. My friend, Owen, also became a victim. Don't know how long he was taken as a victim, but the story was we were both taken as hostages due to jealousy and for ransom.

I wanted to talk to Ari about this scandal and how he was involved, but instead he came to me. I was startled when he approached me as I was about to stand up from my chair.

Looking upwards, I noticed the brunette that I was about to talk to glare at me.

"Again, I'm sorry for what happened to you and your boyfriend, Marlene." Ari uttered.

Sigh! What is this? Everyone still thinks we were an item! But right now I don't want to bother myself with that thought.

"Don't be Ari. Don't blame yourself. You had nothing to do with it. I'm the one who has to apologize as I thought you were your cousin."

The corners of his mouth cringed. I'm not sure if my remarks had anything to do with his new expression for I didn't intend to make him unhappy.

But I smiled once I heard his chuckle.

"We do tend to look alike don't we? Well, except for the curly hair." He patted down his head. "Chino's father is my dad's twin brother, and they happen to be identical."

That explains it! That was quite a shocker. What were the chances that I'd be in an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting full of siblings, especially ones that have twins! It left me in awe.

"I'm just glad you were honest with me, Ari. I'm getting by. Not sure about Owen since I haven't heard from him lately. I miss him even though we might be far apart."

It was the truth, Owen must be lurking around somewhere in town, but I'm sure he won't be happy to see me.

We had a fight before we parted a few years ago. It was all because of a stupid tattoo that angered me. But now, I realize how foolish I was.

Ari patted me on the back. I assume that was to comfort me. He told me how he wanted to get that off his chest and was relieved that I took it well.

Why wouldn't I? At least I'm safe as of now. But that was not the case with Chino. I was a fool to even go into that bar. Thus, I sat down to rest.

***************

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Five Years Ago

The doorbell rang when I was home alone.

Ding Dong!

Ding Dong!

I woke up from my slumber, just for a stupid doorbell!

As my eyes fully opened, they had to refocus as the dark light made me unaware of my surroundings. The last drink I had at the party last night made me have a hangover.

What was in that drink? Wore me off completely.

I looked at my watch. Seeing that it was nearly 8 am, I stood up and stretched my muscles. I found myself on the sofa as I got up. Figured I must've slept on it instead of my bed as I was dead tired when Paige dropped me off last night.